Jump to content
  • Announcements

    PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NBN MOBILE APP IS CURRENTLY NOT WORKING

Recommended Posts

Now I’m no fisher person but consulted my other half who has fished that spot many a time. 

We were out last October and not catching anything anywhere. Someone we spoke to at Horning reckoned that the tides, high water levels and increased salt had driven all the fish further upstream, Wroxham and beyond. No one was catching. Could be the same. Maybe someone out with the Lads Week or an actual proper fisherman will be along to comment soon. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fishing been very poor lately,both in Wroxham and back of Wroxham broad. Water is so clear at the moment. Thought the rain would have livened things up . Places where i have always caught fish are not producing this season. A lot of anglers on Coltishal common last week so perhaps worth a try if you can get under bridge.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fishtone said:

Fishing been very poor lately,both in Wroxham and back of Wroxham broad. Water is so clear at the moment. Thought the rain would have livened things up . Places where i have always caught fish are not producing this season. A lot of anglers on Coltishal common last week so perhaps worth a try if you can get under bridge.

I think that a competent angler (fisher woman in my case) can pretty much catch fish anywhere :default_biggrin:

Seriously though, in my experience the colder it gets the harder it is to catch no matter what the conditions x

Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on being married to a fisherman there is always an excuse for not catching.  Too windy, too cold, too hot, too wet, fish have gone to the bottom,   Otters have decimated them.    You name it I have heard it.        We will be fishing at some time next week,   well the Royal we that is,  I will be reading a book in doors in the warm.    I wont mention the lack of fish being about as dont like to dampen enthusiasm when you have waited so long to go fishing.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Gracie said:

There is always an excuse M, you are so right  :default_biggrin: A bit like "The one that got away tale" It's always the biggest :facepalm:x

How true...      :default_fishing3:   Next week everyone will be fishing as if in the Arctic.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay Fred, I'm not a professional fisher person or a bivvy boy as I call them, the type that have every gadget known to man to try and land a double carp, holed up in a bivvy tent for a week but I will tell you I fish with a simple float rod, a little bit of luncheon meat and caught doubles in the margins much to the absolute horror of said bivvy boys who have been trying to catch the ruddy things for a week :default_biggrin:

I am a pleasure angler and defo a fair weather fisher person, s*d sitting there in freezing conditions with snow around your ankles, much rather be sat in a pub by a log fire with a nice glass of wine looking out the window watching you guys freeze half to death :default_norty: x

  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Okay Fred, I'm not a professional fisher person or a bivvy boy as I call them, the type that have every gadget known to man to try and land a double carp, holed up in a bivvy tent for a week but I will tell you I fish with a simple float rod, a little bit of luncheon meat and caught doubles in the margins much to the absolute horror of said bivvy boys who have been trying to catch the ruddy things for a week :default_biggrin:

I am a pleasure angler and defo a fair weather fisher person, s*d sitting there in freezing conditions with snow around your ankles, much rather be sat in a pub by a log fire with a nice glass of wine looking out the window watching you guys freeze half to death :default_norty: x

Cant really argue with that each to their own if thats what pulls your string, personally I am a river angler so dont do or understand the bivvy thing either, I will qualify that by saying as a life long angler I dont have to catch fish to enjoy the day they just enhance it.

Fred

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rightsaidfred said:

Cant really argue with that each to their own if thats what pulls your string, personally I am a river angler so dont do or understand the bivvy thing either, I will qualify that by saying as a life long angler I dont have to catch fish to enjoy the day they just enhance it.

Fred

Oh I agree with you Fred

However anyone likes to fish is brilliant, there's nothing quite like a warm day fishing on a lake or river especially from a boat, I love it whether I catch or not x

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • NBN Mobile App

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.