The season starts here!

Winterisation came early in 2010 and Autumn Mist lay tucked up in antifreeze until the end of Feb when a decision to change mooring meant we had to move the boat to Ricos. So, opened up all sea-cocks, gave the starter battery a boost and bingo – the engine leapt into life (at attempt six). A quick trip down river (10 minutes) and then back to Ricos and the new berth. Weather is still unpredictable so, now having the benefit of electricity to the berth, a tube heater was fitted just in case.

Sunday 20th March arrives and to celebrate my wife's birthday and her sisters wedding anniversary we decided on a brief family cruise followed by a carvery at Sutton Staithe Hotel. Slip off at about 1100 in glorious sunshine for a gentle cruise down the Ant, across Barton Broad and then back to Sutton Staithe where we tied up for lunch. An excellent meal and a few jars/glasses of wine ensued and then it was back to the boat and Ricos.

A lovely start to the season in excellent weather. And, Ricos is looking a great place to be - friendly staff and fellow moorers gives the place a very nice feel cheersbar

Yes, being close is something of a bonus. We have always taken the view that if we cannot get to the boat within an hour then it is no good for us. That was why, when we moved here from Nortants, we sold our narrowboat. Others take the view that if the boat is too close there is nothing special about going there - also valid.

Yes, being close is something of a bonus. We have always taken the view that if we cannot get to the boat within an hour then it is no good for us. That was why, when we moved here from Nortants, we sold our narrowboat. Others take the view that if the boat is too close there is nothing special about going there - also valid.

Not for us Soundings being Too close does not worry me as i can get to the boat within half hour GREAT,less fuel consumption getting there and out on the river in double quick time suits me, I know lots of people who take 4/5 hours to get to the boat,would not do for us. cheersbarcheers