Navigation Committee Thurs 22 Oct 2pm

Bytheriver

An interesting comment within the agenda papers:

"It is important to be aware that, in following up Notices of Contravention for failure to pay a toll, our dedicated tolls team has been subject to more abusive phone calls than normal, from private boat owners angry about having to pay this year’s charge following the period of Government imposed lockdown. Any toll increase next year is likely to exacerbate the situation."

At long last there is official recognition of the declining relationship between the Authority and us punters. Whilst I don't and won't condone abuse in any form to the tolls office staff, or the Rangers for that matter, I do applaud the long overdue acknowledgement that there is anger along the rhond. Make no mistake, Dr Packman, that anger doesn't just relate to the toll nor the Covid lockdown. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Dr Packman, that anger doesn't just relate to the toll nor the Covid lockdown. 

Sorry to disagree Peter, but in this case, that is exactly just what it relates to.

It is however, only fair to add that I am of the opinion that people withholding toll payments on the grounds of Covid, are being unreasonable, and should be chased by the authority, otherwise we will all have to pay that bill.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Sorry to disagree Peter, but in this case, that is exactly just what it relates to.

We shall have to agree to disagree then, in the nicest possible way of course!

Beyond that I agree with your second point.

Effectively two wrongs don't make a right.

36 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

At long last there is official recognition of the declining relationship between the Authority and us punters. 

Don't include me in "us punters". Maybe a decline in the relationship between the BA and those who sign on the dotted line then decide not to conform, but once again I thik you're seeing what you want to see and not what's there.

• Like 1