Wroxham And Hoveton

Davydine

Hi everyone, does anyone know what became of the Broads Boating Company boats Wroxham and Hoveton when BBC ceased trading?

They are both 35 foot Fair Entrepreneur class boats with two single cabins aft.

I always thought this was an ideal layout for our family and wondered if they were still In hire anywhere,

Thanks,

David

I can't be sure as I can't find any details on the BBC craft to compare it with, but maybe Waveney Scorpio from WRC, though that is problematic as these boats look to be moving to Faircraft in Wroxham, but are yet to appear. Further complicated in that it's the only boat which does not still appear on the WRC site, which suggests it's been decommissioned. There's also Royall Stuart from Barnes Brinkcraft, but this has a twin bedroom at the back. 

They just ceased trading. They originally started out selling through Waterways Holidays. Last year I think it was, they went to an Airbnb model. I don't think either suited them. The boats (I think) were leased, so they would have gone back to their ultimate owners. 

2 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

I can't be sure as I can't find any details on the BBC craft to compare it with, but maybe Waveney Scorpio from WRC, though that is problematic as these boats look to be moving to Faircraft in Wroxham, but are yet to appear. Further complicated in that it's the only boat which does not still appear on the WRC site, which suggests it's been decommissioned. There's also Royall Stuart from Barnes Brinkcraft, but this has a twin bedroom at the back. 

This was on the market through NYA not so long ago:

https://www.nya.co.uk/boats-for-sale/fair-entrepreneur-35-2/

image.jpeg

13 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Some were, I believe from Richardson's, so they might possibly re-emerge there.

I think Len owns them all now.

The 35ft Entrepeneurs were at WRC and yes they're lovely boats. They came North and were being sold as seen above.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Thankyou, that is the one! They also have Coral Emblem, which is identical. It's the two separate single cabins that appeals, we have a son and a daughter who are getting to the age that they don't want to share!

thanks everyone...

• Like 1