Any New Hiring Boats 2021

Andrewcook

6 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Images for Tesoro and Amore are now available on Hoseasons. Both start hire from September, though Amore seems to have had a number of prebookings.

https://www.hoseasons.co.uk/boat-holidays/hickling-stalham?adult=2&child=0&infant=0&nights=4&range=3&pets=0&start=14-09-2021

Amore looks like a beautiful boat! Any guesses on the air draft? The thought of being stuck North of Ludham bridge for a week due to bridge height would put me off

Haines 32 sedan would be around 8’3’ so you wouldn’t find it a problem at most tides. 
Our 34’ sedan is 8’6’and it goes under no problem when the height is showing anything over 8’

John 

39 minutes ago, Jbx5 said:

Haines 32 sedan would be around 8’3’ so you wouldn’t find it a problem at most tides. 
Our 34’ sedan is 8’6’and it goes under no problem when the height is showing anything over 8’

John 

Thanks Jbx5. 

It was just our luck, we visited last October during the unusually high water levels and our 8 10" (ish) boat couldn't get anywhere near Ludham... 

Height under the bridge was between 7ft-8ft all week I think!

33 minutes ago, Cal said:

The Haines boats in the fleet do look lovely but I do just wonder how they are going to stand up to the rigours of hire use.

I of course could be completely wrong here, but I guess only being a 2 berth boat it might be treated a bit better by couples rather than your average family of 4, stag do, etc 

"Steps down from the saloon lead to the forward cabin with two double berths". That's a heck of a forward cabin for such a small boat 😊. Good old Hoseasons, accurate as ever.

Joking apart, Tesoro has an odd layout in my view. From the photos it looks like as well as the conventional centre saloon the stern cabin is set up as a saloon also, with the galley alongside. The fore cabin is a basic v berth set up so there's no master cabin.  Of the two, boats, I would say Amore looks a better fit for the premium price bracket.

That looks like a very nice centre cockpit boat. No drawing of the layout available. Looks like very plush seating on the cockpit area and in the stern galley. But the only bed is v berths under the bow or converting the seating to a double.  A bit pricey for me as well but looks like a great addition. 

I think Tranquilla is expensive for such a "short" six berth cruiser. It's just 31ft in length, which means it's going to be crowded on there with six people. it's actually a glammed up version of this boat, but nearly twice the cost - though Fair Ambassador is marketed for four people.

Fair AmbassadorL.jpg

TranquillaL.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

I think Tranquilla is expensive for such a "short" six berth cruiser. It's just 31ft in length, which means it's going to be crowded on there with six people. it's actually a glammed up version of this boat, but nearly twice the cost - though Fair Ambassador is marketed for four people.

Fair AmbassadorL.jpg

TranquillaL.jpg

Hired Fair Ambassador during the 90s, it’s a great boat for two but would certainly be cramped for 6! Pricey too. 

On 01/06/2021 at 17:25, Cal said:

Looks like Barnes Brinkcraft have just bought the Curlew Class boats from Le Boat on the Caledonian Canal.

They are quite tall boats so are limited by bridges and won't pass under Yarmouth, Ludham, Wroxham or Potter Heigham so have quite a limited cruising range!

https://www.barnesbrinkcraft.co.uk/our-boats/detail/brinks-curlew-class/

At least one of them is now advertised for sale on the. NBS website:

https://www.norfolkboatsales.co.uk/inventory/?post=10460

• Like 1

One of the Haines was lying next to us in the yard last Thursday night, beautifully finished boat, must be around 8.5 feet high as not much difference to Monaco with the canopy up, great boat for 2 but as has been said I’m not sure how well the cream leather interior will stand up to hire wear and tear.

The Sheerline was lying in the next marina, unfortunately I didn’t take a pic but also a beautifully finished high spec boat , both looked brand new / demo boats 

B21209E5-DB5C-4CAC-80C2-C4FE4CE28889.jpeg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

That does look a very impractical boat for the Broads.

It’s okay for a short break I guess, but it won’t pass under any bridges other than Acle.  Great views from the fly bridge, though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mouldy said:

At least one of them is now advertised for sale on the. NBS website:

https://www.norfolkboatsales.co.uk/inventory/?post=10460

I wonder if they have been proving troublesome to hire with their height.

Would be a great boat on the Trent that. Not ideal for the Broads though at all.

ETA: They are asking a hell of a lot of money for that!!

59 minutes ago, Cal said:

I wonder if they have been proving troublesome to hire with their height. . . . . . . . .

According to Barnes website, there is no availability until the start of October.

1 hour ago, Cal said:

ETA: They are asking a hell of a lot of money for that!!

Quite a lot of boat for the money, especially compared to some of the others I’ve seen for sale, but an Aquafibre Sapphire/Broom 32 would provide similar accommodation in a more Broads friendly form for a lot less money.

On 24/07/2021 at 16:51, DAVIDH said:

Tranquilla has now been designated as a 2 berth boat! 
https://www.hoseasons.co.uk/boat-holidays/tranquilla-bh2702

• Like 1

Doesn't make any sense to me tbh, you spend a fortune on developing a sedan boat, have a mould already sitting on the yard but go and buy one. But hey its a lovely looking boat, don't like the sheerline tbh but hope they do well 👍