Any New Hiring Boats 2021

Andrewcook

6 minutes ago, CeePee1952 said:

Not sure if this is a hire craft or private but spotted it on BB webcam earlier.  Not a great fan of this style but I have to admit she looks smart!

Chris

SnapShot-20210825_155127.jpg

That's a broadway class, it's a hire boat from Richardson's  you can spot the R on the bow. I wasn't a fan of the way they look tbh. That said they are very smart inside and are very popular. I think there's about 8 on hire. It has a bigger sister called Broadlander, which funnily enough I do like the look of. 

• Like 1

Strangely enough I watched the pilot bring one through on Thursday last week, he kept nosing into the bridge coming downstream and backing off for a good hour, eventually managed to get it through, the bridge gauge showed 6ft 3.

Maggie Jane will of course transit the bridge very comfortably at the same height, allowing her back home.

Regarding the Martham Boats book, it is an excellent read, my wife, who wrote, has told me so !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, CeePee1952 said:

Not sure if this is a hire craft or private but spotted it on BB webcam earlier.  Not a great fan of this style but I have to admit she looks smart!

Chris

SnapShot-20210825_155127.jpg

The camera does her no favours as the perspective is a bit out. She is a bit longer and lower in reality (you can see the same issue on the Sapphire 32 behind her).

I'm not a big bathtub fan, but they're quite a good one in reality.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Broads01 said:

...At least Hoseasons have published a picture of the right boat this time.

and a layout plan as well!

I notice most other recent-ish stuff doesn't have a layout plan though so looks like Hoseasons are only adding them if they have one from another craft of the same design elsewhere?

Richardsons & Hoseasons description of the accommodation on this one (Tranquila) still contradicts the photos but even this aside layouts really are useful, perhaps they just don't get the difference of a house or cottage (where one double, two singles and one bathroom is acceptable info to make a choice!)

https://www.hoseasons.co.uk/boat-holidays/richardsons-stalham-ricb/tranquilla-bh2702?start=20-05-2022&adult=2&nights=7&range=3&sortorder=12

This said I notice all of Clive's Horning Pleasurecraft fleet have layout plans showing, including Swiftway for example, which I cant imagine had one already created.  So do they only add them if the operator insists or perhaps the cost/organisation is down to the operator if they want including?

Dan

• Like 1

11 hours ago, andyg said:

Isn't the heritage brand owned by the Thwaite brothers aka Barnes.

Yes, so I imagine this is one that was built a few years back and was in private hands

I think the interior finish on the earlier ones was slightly different

Looks a good/nice addition I think

12 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

Well it looks like one of these for sale on the Norfolk Boat Sales site here:

https://www.norfolkboatsales.co.uk/inventory/?post=6941

but the image has been compressed somehow, making it not look right. it doesn't seem to be on Richardson's own site yet.

bella vita.jpg

heritage 286.jpg

Wow - £165k for that boat !

It seems a lot of money, compared to the sports-cruiser / sea-going boats.

£165k is for a brand new one , although I very much doubt if Richos purchase cost less than £120k used , they seem to fetch very good money on the 2nd hand market plus very very few would have actually cost £165k probably a fair bit more by the time the original purchasers specifications had been met .

We contemplated a new one and by the time we had added what we wanted the price had swelled to £182k 

16 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

£165k is for a brand new one , although I very much doubt if Richos purchase cost less than £120k used , they seem to fetch very good money on the 2nd hand market plus very very few would have actually cost £165k probably a fair bit more by the time the original purchasers specifications had been met .

We contemplated a new one and by the time we had added what we wanted the price had swelled to £182k 

I am no expert, as I have yet to own my own boat, but approaching £200k gives me shivers !

The boat I have set my long term aim at is along the lines of a Haines 32 Sedan or similar. My perception is that they are worth more than the 'bathtub' style boats, yet a Haines 32 goes for similar money. Having said that, and doing a quick search just now, it seems they have now edged up to £230k new ?

Forgive me if my perception is wrong ...

Boat inflation seems to have set in, along with UK staycation prices in general :default_icon_e_surprised:

When you view the new price it needs to be regarded as a starting from price , extras such as type of material used in seat coverings , curtains , galley work top , engine size , bow thruster, electric windlass, flooring etc soon bump the price up .

We know someone that purchased a brand new Haines 32 offshore in 2020 list price is from £265,584 their boats final cost was near as damn it £300k !!!

You will find that the “bathtubs” seem to hold their value better than the saloon type of boats due to the demand second hand , NYA have a 2007 Haines 320 flybridge for sale currently for £137,950 with a lot of extras added , to purchase similar new it would cost circa £300k in that spec 

Its the same with cars , when the New Mini was a new car we looked at one for Katie after I read a full page advert in the Telegraph for a “Chilli pack” limited edition for £9999 , we went to the local dealers only to find out the model pictured in the advert was over £16k by the time the extras were added .