Any New Hiring Boats 2021

Andrewcook

3 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Actually, I'll add to that.

Who is going to buy a boat they find "unattractive"? so who is going to try to sell a boat thought of as unattractive.

It is all in the eye of the beholder as too what is which. Same with anything ie boats, cars, motorcycles, houses, pets even partners. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Actually, I'll add to that.

Who is going to buy a boat they find "unattractive"? so who is going to try to sell a boat thought of as unattractive.

Would it be against the ToS to suggest that the originator of that statement is ... shall we a, a sandwich short of a picnic?

And that wasn't the first description I thought of.

It is probably  more a case of whats attractive to todays hirer compared to someone looking to buy a budget boat.

Fred

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

All I can add is that it is noticeable that when we go past the quays on the way to the wet shed we very rarely see any of the Richardson r45’s in the basins nor the larger gems but many of the smaller 2 and 4 berth offerings .

I would offer the opinion that Richardson’s larger craft actually rent more than the smaller 

I suspect 2 berths hire better out of season and larger boats in school holidays, but you want the boat you build to hire all season long. A larger boat can always be let to two people off season, but a boat built for 2 can't accommodate a large party. Whilst a nice 2 berth is certainly attractive to us as hirers, I can see the commercial sense in larger boats. On more than one occasion I've had a larger canal boat off season and only been charged the same price as that companies 2 berth boats.

Hi Fed as to people on Boats I had Suncharm very nice that is a Mid Range Boat  but it says Two to Five persons I would say Three is very comfortable but not Five person as there's not enough cuboards spaces for Clothes ect Next Year I've booked Swan  Romance  that's a nice Boat on the lay out plans I've seen .

8 hours ago, marshman said:

Didn't BBC disappear? Did not Summercraft sell most of their fleet? And did not Sanderson reduce either?

Perhaps I should have prefaced my comment with "some," Andy but even you must admit a 10% reduction (or nearly!! ) is a sizeable chunk!!

I was commenting on the BA statement. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just been updating my database of boats offered by Hoseasons, and it's striking how many boat classes have been withdrawn from hire. I've counted 21 out, and just two added. This is across boat classes of course, and as such, there could be more than one of each type. Similarly, it's possible that some of the boats have been incorporated into other classes. So the list below is just an observation. The 2021 season is already very well booked (not full), due to transfers from 2020, and those booking early due to perhaps having missed out this year. So it's counter-intuitive that so many boats would have been retired, when demand is likely to be strong for 2021. 

Doc1.doc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had put together a photographic list on the word doc, but for those who can't download it, here's the list:

Removed:
Brinks Airies, 
Brink of Peace
Benmore, 
Crystal Gem
Silver Gem, 
Opal Gem, 
Ibiza
Royall Solitaire, 
Royall Oak
Royall Stuart, 
Summer Horizon 
Phantom, 
Prelude, 
Quest, 
Majorca, 
Madeira, 
Bright Gem
Broadland Breeze, 
Corsica
Crown Gem, 
Dream Gem

Added;
Fair Consort,
Fair Explorer

Transferred from WRC to Faircraft:
Waveney Andromeda now Fair Crusader

(Interestingly, Hoseasons also list Fair Courier and Fair Aristocrat, all with the same Crusader image, so I guess these will be the names of the transferred craft, but Hoseasons have not (as yet) completed their database entries. (They are not on the boatyard's own site, so I can't check which is which.)

• Like 3

Just now, RS2021 said:

I thought Fair Consort was a 2020 introduction.

Could be. I did clarify that this was just as a result of me updating for 2021. I only do it once a year at this time, when Hoseasons are updating. 

Not sure if Explorer is ex-WRC, as I looked at it and I think it states that plans could be modified whilst under construction. 

exp.jpg

2 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Not sure if Explorer is ex-WRC, as I looked at it and I think it states that plans could be modified whilst under construction. 

It's also listed as a houseboat! 

Where do you look to see the other two WRC boats you mention, they don't come up when I look on Hoseasons site.

Thanks David, interesting stuff. It's striking to see how many Richardsons are selling off. As you say it's hard to understand given the strength of bookings this year and next.

Royall Oak was sold in 2019 I think and I don't think the Benmores were in the fleet this year either. I'm wondering if their could be others in your list which may have appeared in Hoseasons this year but actually went pre-Covid. 

Fair Senator has also gone from both Hoseasons and NBD site. Silver Serenade is listed as sold on NBS site - not sure about Hoseasons. Also some other Silverline boats listed for sale, although I think some yards put boats up for sale and if they don't sell keep them in the fleet another year.

Thanks for the website link. Do you know what the 'partners' bit means. Whenever I google Hoseasons I just get www.hoseasons

On the Broads are yards contractually obliged to list all their boats with Hoseasons if they are with them? On the canals I've known yards not list all their fleet. Often its the newest boats they don't list as the yards know their regular customers get to know by word of mouth and they can sell more easily without the agency.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RS2021 said:

On the Broads are yards contractually obliged to list all their boats with Hoseasons if they are with them?

This had occurred to me as well. Do we know whether boats on that list missing from Hoseasons are still offered on the boatyards' websites?

If certain yards are drawing back from Hoaseasons a bit, that would not surprise me.

3 hours ago, RS2021 said:

Thanks for the website link. Do you know what the 'partners' bit means. Whenever I google Hoseasons I just get www.hoseasons

The partners bit is just the prefix for my overbranded site. 

3 hours ago, RS2021 said:

On the Broads are yards contractually obliged to list all their boats with Hoseasons if they are with them? 

Not sure about that. I think in the past there have been an odd few not available on Hoseasons. I vaguely remember one from Alphacraft that wasn't offered. An owners boat or something? Same with Topcraft - Sunwing? All in the mists of my memory I'm afraid. I can't think of any today. 

3 hours ago, Vaughan said:

This had occurred to me as well. Do we know whether boats on that list missing from Hoseasons are still offered on the boatyards' websites?

I checked before I removed them from the database, as it's a lot of work to put them back on again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Thanks David, interesting stuff. It's striking to see how many Richardsons are selling off. As you say it's hard to understand given the strength of bookings this year and next.....

Might they want to put some money back in the tin after a bit of a key structure change/ or are the older ones losing favour with the top floor as time passes/ or *insert random reason here* ?

Dan

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...