Any New Hiring Boats 2021

Andrewcook

1 hour ago, jeffbroadslover said:

Could it be that Absolute Freedom has been sold and is going to be totally internally refigured and that is why there are no proper details of an internal layout ?

Jeff  

I think Hoseasons have just got in a bit of a muddle in creating the listing, because S888 (previously Absolute Freedom) is also joining the fleet as another 6 berth but Swiftway is the ex Pevensey Castle that originally ran from Castle Craft at St Olaves...

Dan

pevensey.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I think Hoseasons have just got in a bit of a muddle in creating the listing, because S888 (previously Absolute Freedom) is also joining the fleet as another 6 berth but Swiftway is the ex Pevensey Castle that originally ran from Castle Craft at St Olaves...

Dan

pevensey.jpg

Hired Pevensey Castle many moons ago, a really nice boat back then as was all castle crafts boats. Hoseasons describe her as being update, I'll be keen to see what's changed. 

Spot on Dan, cheers. 

Hoseasons are struggling to get the correct images loaded in the correct order but are working  on it...

Swiftway has a white hull with grey band, she has had a major refit with new flooring throughout, and toilets, new worktops in galley and heads, new mattresses and upholstery throughout, she will also have a inverter and 240v system, we have just about finished her now and will be launching tomorrow so should get a photo or two, 

Tideway was, as you say Absolute Freedom, she is out entertaining a friend over Christmas but will be subject to a fair amount of work before hire next year, this should include new flooring throughout, new cooker, new fridge, new toilets, new galley doors new shower worktops and sinks, plus a fair bit of work on the canopy. she is a well built boat, she will have a bow thruster fitted and charger, inverter and 240v system.

There is another boat which I have spoken about for a while now but Jomaric which is a 1948 windboat  will be ready for April, I don't have any photos of her which I have permission to use so I am having trouble advertising her, she is in the shed having been completely revarnished, new galley, toilet, shower, upholstery and flooring, she has a modern engine and new canopy. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, jeffbroadslover said:

Could it be that Absolute Freedom has been sold and is going to be totally internally refigured and that is why there are no proper details of an internal layout ?

Jeff  

:default_icon_wave:  Maybe Andy will tell us?

3 minutes ago, Happy said:

:default_icon_wave:  Maybe Andy will tell us?

Bit late with that then!   Hired Absolute Freedom last year and thought it was OK then.  Will be a great boat when re-fitted.

Some hand rails on the stern would be handy (imho) but thats another story!?  :default_hiding:

• Like 1

Good to hear from you, Clive. The refits sound excellent. I'll be very interested to see internal photos when available.

I remember Castle Craft very well, probably because their colour scheme was distinctive as Dan's brochure pic shows (Blakes Blue Chip, no less, that takes me back). It's some years since they finished so I assume the boat's been in private hands in the mean time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Good to hear from you, Clive. The refits sound excellent. I'll be very interested to see internal photos when available.

I remember Castle Craft very well, probably because their colour scheme was distinctive as Dan's brochure pic shows (Blakes Blue Chip, no less, that takes me back). It's some years since they finished so I assume the boat's been in private hands in the mean time.

Hired from them twice, Leeds Castle and Pevensey Castle. They were indeed very well looked after boats. Never really liked the base though but liked Brundall even less as a starting base if staying that side of the broads for the week. Shame the hull is now white I liked the colours back in the day,that said I still really like summercrafts colour scheme. Sounds like some good improvements clive, best of luck with the new venture. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Hi Simon,

she went to Herbert woods after castle craft but has been in private hands for the last 15 years, named 'D'Laine' (I met David and Elaine who had named her a few weeks ago) then 'lady D'Laine' 

• Like 2

Hi MauriceM

I was an idiot who purchased a boat and had nowhere to moor it. However Clive said, 'I think we are full but bring her along and we will fit you in somewhere'. He did and we have  great mooring, can even see the boats on the river passing by the end of the cut. :default_rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, PaulN said:

Hi MauriceM

I was an idiot who purchased a boat and had nowhere to moor it. However Clive said, 'I think we are full but bring her along and we will fit you in somewhere'. He did and we have  great mooring, can even see the boats on the river passing by the end of the cut. :default_rolleyes:

I just can't say no! there are a few people who think I am having a laugh when I say 'Im full but come anyway Ill sort something out', Jason  doesn't like it when I answer the phone:default_icon_e_biggrin:

Waiting lists are fine but there is nothing like having a boat in the wrong place to make you put it in the next suitable space which comes up! 

BTW I do have a big side on Mooring available! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, C.Ricko said:

Hi Fred,

Can I borrow this picture? i did send you a message.. 

Theres my cortina in the background! 

No sure which I like more, the boat or car 🤔 that's is a cracking looking boat clive, I'd be very nervous hiring that out tho. 

3 hours ago, andyg said:

No sure which I like more, the boat or car 🤔 that's is a cracking looking boat clive, I'd be very nervous hiring that out tho. 

you will be fine, I will do the trial run!  She has just been subject to a full exterior strip and revarnish (to match the interior)  this pic was taken in May before we started, 

thumbnail_IMG_0449.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, C.Ricko said:

you will be fine, I will do the trial run!  She has just been subject to a full exterior strip and revarnish (to match the interior)  this pic was taken in May before we started, 

thumbnail_IMG_0449.jpg

Never mind messing about with all that firewood Clive.... surely a fully restored/original bathtub is what is needed ;)

Dan

Wilds Fleet gets a spring clean!.jpg

Wilds saloon.jpg

Wilds 1 RS Bermuda Saloon.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1