Any New Hiring Boats 2021

Andrewcook

1 hour ago, Andrewcook said:

Hi Clive are all theses Boats  Wooden  or part Wooden and fibreglass. I wish all the best of luck for 2021 Boating Season

Hi Andrew, 

All the boats we intend to let next year are fibreglass with the exception of Jomaric which is all wood! 

4 minutes ago, C.Ricko said:

...with the exception of Jomaric which is all wood! 

Excellent news. 

Exactly what we need, more wooden boats back in hire (no I'm not bias :default_smiley-angelic002: ) 

And if anyone on the forum fancies an interesting holiday with a difference, Jomaric would be welcome at Beccles Wooden Boat Show :default_beerchug:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dan said:

Never mind messing about with all that firewood Clive.... surely a fully restored/original bathtub is what is needed ;)

Dan

Wilds Fleet gets a spring clean!.jpg

Wilds saloon.jpg

Wilds 1 RS Bermuda Saloon.jpg

I love the top picture, Dan. What year was that taken, around 1970 I suspect? I agree with you, it would be amazing to have an updated Caribbean or Bermuda back on hire.

9 hours ago, C.Ricko said:

Still have Broadsventure but she won't be going on hire, in wondering if she will get out of the shed! 

Last saw her sitting in the basin outside reception at Stalham. I think she was having a canopy fitted or worked on. She's must of been in the shed for a while. Be great to see her afloat and on the river again. BTW good luck with jomaric your team have done a good job by the looks of it. She look fantastic. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Broads01 said:

I love the top picture, Dan. What year was that taken, around 1970 I suspect? I agree with you, it would be amazing to have an updated Caribbean or Bermuda back on hire.

Yes, I think it must be very much around then

You will have to have a nosey at the photo Clive has on the wall in reception at Horning ;)

Dan

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, snunn said:

Davydine

I feel old, when I hired Swiftway, it was a Seamaster 30!

this was the first boat Mick and I hired together must have been 2002 

only time we have hired from Richardson’s 

The original swiftway was a wooden boat at Richardson, if I remember rightly it had a white Hull with a blue stripe. Simular in design to clives bv... 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, andyg said:

The original swiftway was a wooden boat at Richardson, if I remember rightly it had a white Hull with a blue stripe. Simular in design to clives bv... 

I know the names must get re-used fairly regularly and I think Swiftway is a rather nice name for a boat.

I believe the Seamaster 30s that were the Swiftway that I hired had originally been on the Scottish hire fleets, but I thought they made a rather nice Broads cruiser, I remember a large aft double cabin, raised center cockpit with a folding roof and a decent saloon and forecabin, not bad for a 30 foot boat.

It was the first boat I had hired in my own name, rather than going with my parents and we were a group of 4 lads, fresh out of our A levels. Happy days!

• Like 1

Seamaster 30's do make good broads cruisers but maybe I'm biased as I have owned one for 12 years. Mine was not one of the Swiftway's, it came from France then did a spell on the Thames before arriving at the broads. As far as I am aware all the Swiftway's are still on the broads. Mine is slightly different as it is the 'Lowline' version giving less airdraft but the layout is the same.

• Like 1

Here are the two former classes that were called Swiftway

The first from the 1981 and second from the 2000 brochure

The Seamaster 30' style Swiftway's which came to the Broads in 1990 were originally from Scotland, as mentioned... here is a photo of two of them at their base at Inverbeg, on Loch Lomond.  I think there was about 6 of them.  The fixed hardtop was removed when they hit the Broads

Dan 

Swiftway 1981 brochure.jpg

swiftway 2000.jpg

loch lomond cruisers 1989.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

As an add on, and for the boat geeks...

The others from Scotland were

Bounty 27 Aft Cockpits "Lomond Crusader" class became Water Gem's

Seamaster 30 "Lomond Panache" became Swiftway 

Ideal 40 "Lomond Fern" became Premier Gem

Ideal 40 "Lomond Heather" became Modern Gem

Aquafibre 42 Centre Cockpit "Lomond Jupiter" became Voyager

There was a lot of fleets closing or swapping boats boats about and it used to be exciting to see the changes for next year

Dan

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Here are the two former classes that were called Swiftway

The first from the 1981 and second from the 2000 brochure

The Seamaster 30' style Swiftway's which came to the Broads in 1990 were originally from Scotland, as mentioned... here is a photo of two of them at their base at Inverbeg, on Loch Lomond.  I think there was about 6 of them.  The fixed hardtop was removed when they hit the Broads

Dan 

Swiftway 1981 brochure.jpg

swiftway 2000.jpg

loch lomond cruisers 1989.jpg

Cheers Dan, exactly how I remember her, the wooden one that is.