From 1st November All Broads Authority Yacht Stations Will Be Closed

12 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Faircraft Loynes used to do that. As I say no one has ever restricted me! (I must look trustworthy) :default_norty:

Or intimidating perhaps? :default_norty:

Edited to add that I’m sure you’re not, you’ve been hiring in and out of season for so long that you are probably well known around the hire yards by now. 😁

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Or intimidating perhaps? :default_norty:

Edited to add that I’m sure you’re not, you’ve been hiring in and out of season for so long that you are probably well known around the hire yards by now. 😁

The pubs have a whip round and bribe the yard to hire to him! :default_rofl:

• Haha 5

Did you worry about them every other year? Its no more dangerous this year than last - surely if you hire this far out of season you can hardly expect just to have those long hazy days of summer! You do not have to stop at either - both Loddon and Cantley are only an hour beyond Reedham, both easy moorings for the less experienced. I would not worry too much - I don't actually think too many people will be out hiring much after next week.

And has been said, some yards do restrict their boats to north of Stokesby in any case. Regular hirers may be able to help you which do, and which do not.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, marshman said:

Did you worry about them every other year? Its no more dangerous this year than last - surely if you hire this far out of season you can hardly expect just to have those long hazy days of summer! You do not have to stop at either - both Loddon and Cantley are only an hour beyond Reedham, both easy moorings for the less experienced. I would not worry too much - I don't actually think too many people will be out hiring much after next week.

And has been said, some yards do restrict their boats to north of Stokesby in any case. Regular hirers may be able to help you which do, and which do not.

Sadly there are some yards that act responsibly and some who put profit first, we are approaching the time of year when icy/slippery decks and moorings are probably likely to be a bigger problem than unmanned moorings.

Fred

• Like 1