Latest BA Advice On Covid Lockdown

YnysMon

4 minutes ago, Meantime said:

The speed limit in a black circle is not enforceable, but is guidance that you are approaching a 30mph zone.

I think that is a fair analogy and here is a good example :

On the approaches to Acle bridge is a 30MPH limit sign on a square board.  This is advisory but not legal.  The actual speed limit on the road over that bridge is 60MPH.

• Like 2

After a quick look around, I found plenty of data on fines for gathering s, no face masks but very few on out door pursuits and travel. 
Most that you do find date back to the early days of lockdown 1.

Is it because these are low hanging fruit and easy to persecute?

Black and white for gatherings and non face mask but for the vexed recreation questions?

I stress again this was only a fast scan. 

What the latest information from the BA forgot to mention, is that whilst they agree you can go sailing in a boat with an engine which you can use at any time, they still want powered cruisers to stay at home! Yet the Lakes have not changed their website allowing it  - double standards and JP applying HIS interpretation! He clearly likes to continue to impose his Authority on his patch!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Very interesting.  As a layman, this would sound to me as though the police may be acting illegally.

Which, let's be honest would not be the first time they have acted in excess of the law, or are we supposed to say "over zealously" with regard to pandemic restrictions. (One of the shops from the famous "you can't sell Easter Eggs" scandal is quite local). However given the confusion between guidance and legislation and the fact that PCC's are increasingly political figures I am just ever so slightly tempted to have a modicum of sympathy for them. 

• Like 2