Testing The Water.

Chelsea14Ian

Mainly thanks to Covad I,took Voluntary redundancy from my job with Baxter Storey.Now with my health sadly think I will no longer work in kitchens.I have been a Chef for nearly 50 years.Working in most sections of the trade.Hotels,private  houses,Event catering,in house catering and business. In that time I have cooked for many members of the Royal family, heads of states,pop stars etc.Worked with the good the bad and the ugly. If members would like me to give an insight into the cookery world,I would be pleased to share some of my life in the Kitchen(s).I leave it to you to say yes or no.

Ian.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Ian, I am a lost cause, the thread title is the limit of my cooking ability, I know when water is boiling :default_biggrin:

The tv series Can't cook, won't cook was inspired by me.

I do enjoy watching and reading about others who can cook, with the same level of amazement as I have watching Brain surgeons working.

If the truth be known, I only asked as I know it irritates Timbo, who agrees with you.

What I do admit to though, is that I use a microwave rice cooker. I make up a vegetable stock to cook the rice in and I do put some sultanas into that, to cook with the rice. It was what my mother used to do.

Actually my mother used to do lots of things, most of which I don't do!

It's a yes from me too

I don't hate cooking, I can but rarely do cook.  I find it of no interest to me whatsoever, I consider it a necessary evil but do have admiration and huge respect for those that can and do, especially the bakers out there

The advert currently running on tv and radio where the chap says 'I'm amazed I'm actually cooking' - That'd be me

During last year when my MrsG was away up in Jockland for 8 x months, I obviously had to step up to the mark.  Housework, washing, ironing, repairs, maintenance whilst keeping GriffTile going to support the both of us and our responsibilities were all straightforward and a breeze.  Feeding myself healthily was the biggest challenge and a constant pita

Griff

• Like 2

My go to’s when afloat (if it’s too cold for the barbie) are chilli using dried soya mince from the cupboard , my version of carbonara which includes spinach for bulk and lashings of garlic and black pepper , chicken supreme, and my old favorite Fiobi (which gathers everything left meat wise from the fridge along with vegetables and salad ingredients ) Fiobi is an acronym for Fry It Or Bin It .

• Like 1