Testing The Water.

Chelsea14Ian

Nothing wrong  with shop brought puff pastry.

I also make short crust pastry.For Marina and myself.6oz plain flour  3oz trex or butter.I prefer to mix together  by hand(cold hands are best).mix gently until looking like breadcrumbs. Slowly add cold water until just combined.Dont over work the pastry.store in the fridge for at least  half and hour.Fillings what ever you wish.Often if we have roast beef,lamb or chicken. Any left I will use for pasties.Cheese and bacon great,or mushrooms,try wild mushrooms great taste. With meat I add diced onions and carrots. Divide pastry into two or even three roll out into the size that suits you.place mix in middle. Egg wash edges turn over and crimp ,try with fingers or a folk.Back in the fridge for half an hour. Cook for about 30 40 minutes in 200c oven depending on size.Can be got ready night before,so next day you have a meal that wont take to long.

A great and tasty way using leftovers.