Lockdown 2

CambridgeCabby

Just received a email from the government. Advising me regarding extra restrictions I should take during lockdown.Not quite the same as shielding,but still more so then most people. I'm still isolating due to my stay in hospital. And will do so until at least next Wednesday.In all honestly I will take extra care,whilst I'm recovering. As yet I still dont know if what they removed was Cancerous or not.Therefore I may well need more treatment and or another  operation. 

So sorry you folk have been plunged back into a severe lockdown. We are watching events there from afar and becoming increasingly uneasy about our plans for next year. Anyroadup, I love my fishing. Never more so than at around 4am on an English river. This is a picture from our 2019 trip, just around dawn at Potter.

20190703_155905.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, grounded said:

That's odd! I was not stood on my head. All my efforts to attach the pic correctly oriented have failed, so you will just have to invert your devices!

Chris

Funny, it would notflip for me, had to screen print then rotate.

20201105_064949.thumb.jpg.21df24e70216b0a9a09a7774508168f9.jpg

• Like 4

Yes, it was a bit of a sad day and I did shed a tear as I walked back from Ricko's to pick up my car from Broadsedge.

5th February 2018. I took a few photos then took her round to Richardsons and slipped her up onto David Mawby's trailer. Had a bacon sandwich with his driver at the hut and she was gone.

People have said I could have got a lot more for the boat but money was not my concern. I was not going to haggle over something my late wife and I had enjoyed for nearly 10 years. I did the deal on the phone and she was a memory in 3 days.

On a positive note all her inventory was sold to forum members raising nearly £800 for Cancer Research.

Tip for those on exposed moorings who have to leave their boat for long periods. If you look at my warps in the pictures you will see that I pass them through plastic tubeing to stop chafing. It was something I would do on occasions, like when I had to leave my Westerly Centaur in Honfleur for a month storm bound and we came home on the ferry for work and school.

20201106_085456-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.f79171a60a1f7f7447b6d616e2cf9640.jpg

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

On 05/11/2020 at 02:34, grounded said:

So sorry you folk have been plunged back into a severe lockdown. We are watching events there from afar and becoming increasingly uneasy about our plans for next year. Anyroadup, I love my fishing. Never more so than at around 4am on an English river. This is a picture from our 2019 trip, just around dawn at Potter.

20190703_155905.jpg

That's one way to get under PH bridge, have the tall bit under the water.....

This lockdown is definitely different. We’ve shut down the mink since.... so we weren’t really locked down were we? The planes are still up there so as per last time the borders don’t appear to be closed. The volume of traffic on the country lanes today is notably different (increased).... compared to previous lockdown. I’m keeping my distance because I want this over but I think both the authorities and individuals need to play their part. I’m hopeful but apathetic in equal measure.

• Like 2

A favourite day trip in mid-winter was across Barton and down to Ludham Bridge, a place I loathed in the summer! We would go through very early or very late in July/ August.

In winter to avoid condensation we would take a flask of boiling water for drinks and an open top flask with something like beans and sausage or a thick soup.

As the days got longer in February we would push on to Ranworth or Boundary Farm as a day trip. Often we would take some warm water to free frozen warps and soften the winter PVC canopy for folding.

20201108_060812.thumb.jpg.07bc02f4c6df5d18fba799b420ecd29c.jpg

• Like 9