Censorship?

JennyMorgan

In an EDP 24 BA related article we are all invited to follow a BA link which I duly did, only to be told that I am blocked from the BA's Twitter Account. I can only think that is because I have questioned the great Doctor's assertions regarding the BNP. Doesn't pay to make unhelpful to the cause comments, even if they are true. Control is the name of the game, make no mistakes about that.

• Like 1

Hi @JennyMorgan,

Without going back and checking you were possibly 'blocked' by a member of the team in accordance with the social media terms of service/house rules which people are asked to abide by if they are to interact with the Authority on social media.

Most public sector organisations have these in place to prevent abuse towards staff or the organisation, reduce spamming and prevent campaigning.

Being blocked on Twitter should not really constitute censorship as any tweets directed towards an organisation by an individual would still be visible on their feed and others (if their account was not private).

I have just signed in and unblocked you now :default_biggrin:

Tom

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, BroadsAuthority said:

Most public sector organisations have these in place to prevent abuse towards staff or the organisation, reduce spamming and prevent campaigning.

Thank you, Tom, appreciated. As ever, you are one of the good guys!

Preventing campaigning, ummm. By whom :default_norty:?? A privilege that I wish that I also had :default_smiley-angelic002:.

• Like 1