Information And Technical Advise Please

Ray49

Hi Guys

This is now my second time of posting. My first was back in July with a wanted ad for a Aquafibre and such like.

Two questions if I may:

Cut a long story short my wife and I viewed in excess of 20 odd boats before deciding on a totally different boat to what we were looking for. 
Anyway we bought a Bounty 37 which is in lovely condition and suits all our requirements perfectly.

I am after if anyone knows of any history of it, I believe it started out as a hire boat in the 70,s with Royals as Royal Standard ( two great videos on Broadland memories) on line of her.

After that I think it was privately owned and named as Stocky for some time before Summercraft bought it revamped it, upgraded the engine to a Nanni engine and renamed it Grosvenor Girl.

It Was then sold to a private buyer And named Cool Breeze.

Any Info would be much appreciated.

My second question is we would like to use her in the winter as well as the Broads is also lovely at this time of year.

my concern is the raw water cooling freezing up over night! I know it has to be winterised during winter but we would like to use it occasionally. Is it possible during winter. I know it’s a strange question.

Sorry for the long post..

Regards 

Ray

If you got shore power buy a tube heater and a thermometer plug, stick in engine bay. All it’s got to do is keep the engine bay above freezing 

Or buy 25 litres of antifreeze from Amazon open filter pour in mix until it flows from exhaust 

a good 2 to 1 mix would cover it

It looks like she was on Bounty's own fleet for a year, so would have been built by them.

Presumably she has the build plaque with a build number somewhere near the helm position? Only a genuine Bounty fitout would have that.

You can find out a bit more about her at Craig's database.

http://www.broads.org.uk/wiki2018/index.php?title=Boat_Details&BoatId=3675&BoatHistory=54753

• Thanks 1

Yes it’s the weed filter. Prepare plenty of mix. Shut off through hull, clean filter, get someone to start engine and keep pouring, it moves fast!

stop when you see it ejected from exhaust 

As pointed out to me, the pump only pumps fluid, not air so some let the water level drop until nothing is pumped out of the exhaust. Wrong. This leaves water in the heat exchanger still and the pipe run from pump.

All going well, when you want to trip out, just open taps, on with lid and start engine