Blue Badge.

Chelsea14Ian

Pleased to say I have just received my Blue Badge.Hopefully his will make my life a bit easier.Last Tuesday I had the stitches removed, and a nurse from Guys phoned to ask how I'm coping.They also phoned me yesterday to arrange a phone consultation next Tuesday.I contacted the DWP and they will send me an application for a PIP.Slowly  each day  feeling better.I do my breathing and movement exercises.Also walk each day.Tend to feel tried in the afternoon.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Well done on getting your badge,  what did you do on Blue Peter  to get it?

He took along a perfectly made chocolate cheese cake and told them "Here's one I made earlier" :default_biggrin:

Ian, sorry you have to have a badge but I'm pleased you've got one all the same The badge is a godsend for my Parents, I hope it helps you in every day life too x

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Mixed feelings , glad you have got your blue badge as they can be a godsend , less happy that your condition merits the need for one .

Good  to hear you’re on the mend 

In truth my live changed when I first got pneumonia. Then COPD. My hope now is to gain better strength. Hope to found out more next Tuesday,once I soeak to the hospital. Should  find out if what was removed was Cancerous or not.And if further treatment or another  operation is required. Whatever I will do what they advice. 

4 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Mixed feelings , glad you have got your blue badge as they can be a godsend , less happy that your condition merits the need for one .

Good  to hear you’re on the mend 

My daughter who is only 33 has one because of her leukaemia. When the Macmillan nurse said she should get one I thought surely not. It really helps with access to carparking at the London Hospitals which are blue badge only - the alternative is walk half a mile!

• Like 3

Must admit mine generally lives on the kitchen table, I used it whilst collecting my new electric bike in a van, as the only option was to park on double yellows, got back to my van to find a car parked very close to the back doors (also on double yellows) with a young woman still at the wheel, I politely asked if she could move back to allow access and she completely lost it, screaming that vans are not allowed to use blue badges, she obviously took the trouble to walk to the front of the van to check my badge before she proceeded to park illegally.

Generally use mine at the hospital, £15 to park otherwise

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Fortunately do not have to attend the Norfolk & Norwich hospital very often but I always try to arrive at least I hour early, luckily I had brought the dept. telephone number with me as I waited an hour and a quarter to get parked . Luckily I had brought the dept. telephone number with me. so phoned them .

35 minutes ago, Springsong said:

Fortunately do not have to attend the Norfolk & Norwich hospital very often but I always try to arrive at least I hour early, luckily I had brought the dept. telephone number with me as I waited an hour and a quarter to get parked . Luckily I had brought the dept. telephone number with me. so phoned them .

You can 'park & ride' to the N&N, if you are mobile that is!