"Tango" Shower drainage !!

Guest biggles999

Hi Gang,

In my quest to get Tango up and running I have encountered another lack of previous Installation problem, The shower drainage system I cant figure at all I have attached a photo showing the pipe leading from the bilge to what appears to be a holding tank but I cant figure where the pump is ! there is an on off rubberised switch on the side od the sink cabinet but I can hear a pump running, any suggestions or experience please ?

post-1101-136713803645_thumb.jpg

post-1101-136713803647_thumb.jpg

have a look to see where the noise is coming from (under the saloon seating?) there is probably an in line filter with a screw on top, have a look at that, most of these had PAR pumps and it looks as if nothing else has been altered since we had her.

nothing under the seat other than a stop cock for the outlet of sea toilet which is ceased up ie wont close, and visually part of the original waste tank with the part pipe blocked off, I can only assume the shower waste is a seperate construction which would be reached under the actual floor between the seats and the captains seat but there dosent appear to be an access point.

The photo shows a hose going up into the holding tank but wheres the pump ??

Thank you for advice I am going down to the boat on Thursday, I will check in the wardrobe, but the step into the forward cabin I know is solid and no lift up panel there

Incidently the photo I took is of under the step, but cant see the shower waste at all I can only assume the shower drain just lets the water flow straight into the bilge and the pipe I have shown is the pick up point for draining the bilge

spent the weekend on Tango, took all the floors up, murdered the wardrobe floor lifting it up no sign of a shower bilge pump !!! had an electrician check the rubberised switch on the basin cabinet side and it is working just no pump running arghhh, Clive can you make any suggestions more, the photo I took is all I can see of a drainage system Helpppppppp

its might be the same as curlew

when taking a shower the pipe from the shower goes straight into the bilge then the bilge pump pumps its all out the back....

Jonny

its might be the same as curlew

when taking a shower the pipe from the shower goes straight into the bilge then the bilge pump pumps its all out the back....

also when filling up the water tank the overflow outlet goes the same route to the bilge & gets pumped out the back

Jonny

What I was thinking was that if you poured water into the shower tray and it drained straight away, it would mean it was draining into the bilge. But if you poured water in and it just sat there, you would then know there is a pump to drain it.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

It sounds to me like the shower drains straight into the bilge, and the bilge pump gets rid of it all, which i think somebody else has already mentioned?. Are you sure the rubberised switch is NOT for the taps on the sink?. One idea, put a small stick mirror below the floor boards, and try to find out exactly where the shower drain is, and then follow it to its end, be it at a pump, or directly into the bilge. The other thing to remember is this boat was sold by Richardsons several years ago, and somebody else may have completely changed things around, because "they know better", and have cocked everything up. It`s just a shame i don`t live in the area as i love mechanical problem solving.

we measured the distance from the bilge backwards to under the steps but the whole area has no access point at all being solid GRP if there is a pump it is totally out of reach which dosent make any sense

No vacuum system, try looking under the front bunk or under the boards in the wardrobes it may be worth wiggling all the fuses to see if that is why it is not working.

she is not a massive boat, surely you will soon run out of places to look :lol:

Thats why I asked you lol

I checked under the wardrobe, nothing, I looked under the floorboards, nothing, the only place I havent been able to look under is the first part of dinette seat adjacent to the hydralic drive, as it seems to be built in, no lift up panel, I was tearing my hair out.

Where you can see the green pipe in photo there isnt any where to access, so I,m clutching at straws as it were, :shocked

I agree with others who said its draining direct to bilge, personally not my favourite type of intalation, can pong a bit if not used often but can keep bilge flushed out if you do use it often.

if it is going direct to bilge make sure the bilge pump is working and automatic.

The switch is most likey for a old water pump not operating with a pressure switch or water to toilet supply.

Hope this helps a little

Mark

we measured the distance from the bilge backwards to under the steps but the whole area has no access point at all being solid GRP if there is a pump it is totally out of reach which dosent make any sense

Your bilge pump in not necessaraly a submersible, you may have either a vacume switch, or float switch down there and just a strainer foot and pipe up to a remote pump.

Mark