Festo's biomechatronic bird

I missed this one.....

Impressive !

I bet the Military have some interest in these, i'm sure that they could put one of these to good use.

Not so sure that they could attach Hellfire's to it though.....Lol

Probably because it's about a remarkable piece of engineering expertise and not a school-boy joke? :norty::norty::norty:

Yes, precisely so John, and Rammy’s feeble attempt at deliberate obtusity fools nobody on here, well I'd like to think so anyway.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Senator, I bit of a relief that the fly bird appears to be a reality.

I just don't have the stomach to listen, with rolling eyes, to the on-going crowing from the ever resident rodent!!

Ramies spot on this is an April fools joke. Spend 5 mins reading their site and while you can see they do some pretty impressive stuff this isn't one of them. Pretty good CGI and that's all I'm afraid.Dave

Ramjet » 24 May 2011, 13:31

Large thanking Dajen, somebody on mine radio waves at last , I am disher up the food , who else apart from Antpants will like a nice slice of humble pie, i do hoper i am haved enough to go round

Wrong again Rammy.......(and dave). That article was from "The Engineer" an Engineering magazine for Engineers, not schoolboys..

Must admit I was a bit sceptical when I saw it, considering the date, April 1st

However when following it up to the Hannover 2011 presentation and seeing it demonstrated in front of an audience (and then crashing to the ground)

I am a believer,

Sorry Rammy

Watch Festo Smartbird Hannover 2011 on u/tube

Oh Teddy boy , be thinked about it , Aperil 1st , what day is this?? any old idea i am of large wonder?

Sorry Teddy i am haved to report , you is right the robotical bird is real but unfortunate when they taked it for a trial run in Scoterland the Locking Ness monster snapper out and eat it , Did you know santa was just yours next door neighbor but one dressed up , There is one in every alley way tee ho

Did you used to write for "The Beano" or "The Dandy"??? :cry:cry:cry

I just hope they can make a robotic squirell based on the John Rambo character,then it could hunt down all squirrells and wipe them out from the forum,at least someone would not be too happy if Rambo The robotic was in town.

I just hope they can make a robotic squirell based on the John Rambo character,then it could hunt down all squirrells and wipe them out from the forum,at least someone would not be too happy if Rambo The robotic was in town.

Rammy replied:

Hey Wanty ponty i am thinked you is needed to reader that last post back and re-write it in non giberish, it is not maker the large sense

Well, you're one to talk, Rammy! :naughty::naughty::naughty: