Lewis Hamilton 7 Times World Champion

Chelsea14Ian

6 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Don't worry OBB, the BBC news has just completed the job showing what happened.

If you still don't know, avoid the news, they go straight into it without warning.

They've been doing this ever since they lost the TV rights.

I stay away from all TV and radio news on a Grand Prix Sunday after 12 noon for this very reason. At least it has stopped raining and the sun has come out now so I can get out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

I have learnt not to listen to the news or check the forum on such days, it happened last year.

Having now watched the earlier recording, it is a very good race.

My fault for logging on then? It was set up to be a cracking race going by quali yesterday so still going to watch it regardless. All I need now is for the ariel to fall of the roof halfway through :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Having now watched the earlier recording, it is a very good race.

Yeah, it was. I was expecting a repeat of the dull processions we've had this season but the conditions and grid order kept things interesting right until the end.

I'm not a big LH fan but 7 titles is an incredible achievement, and he'll surely want to challenge for an eighth next season given that the technical rule changes won't be until the season after.

• Like 1

I know Lewis is a bit like Marmite.I've followed him all along.Without dought in my opinion one of the best drivers of all time. For sure not easy to compare champions from different  times,but many races he's won,when sometimes he's  car wasn't the best.Pretty sure he will challenge next year if not longer.There are some other drivers that are showing signs of real class.If they get the right car,could well give Lewis a run for he's money.

On 15/11/2020 at 13:24, MauriceMynah said:

Don't worry OBB, the BBC news has just completed the job showing what happened.

If you still don't know, avoid the news, they go straight into it without warning.

They've been doing this ever since they lost the TV rights.

The ratbags didn't lose them, they gave them away. Like others on a race day I do a Likely Lads! 

33 minutes ago, Poppy said:

Did nobody watch the real  motor racing yesterday ?  Finalround of the BTCC from Brands Hatch. Far from processional and truly entertaining.

Used to follow BTCC & DTM when "bumper taps" and the such were allowed in the 80`s, never missed a race at Thruxton or Donnington, good ol days. 

46 minutes ago, Poppy said:

Did nobody watch the real  motor racing yesterday ?  Finalround of the BTCC from Brands Hatch. Far from processional and truly entertaining.

Yep I did, bit of a marathon from 09.20 to 16.00 then the GP! Don’t know how I got away with it!!

Now alongside ,the great M S.

It is beyond doubt that M.S was truly a stupendous force in the sport.  However at least two of his world titles were 'Won' by cheating.  Since the sport cleaned itsen up in the rules department he would never have won seven under the same rules that Lewis has been competing under.  For that reason alone I rate the seven world titles that Lewis has won as being superior to the seven that M.S. 'Won'.

I also have just this season come to realise that Lewis has become a prize Richard Cranium when out of the car and is in danger of being remembered for the wrong reasons.  He should stick to talking about the one subject he is red hot on

Griff

• Like 5

On 16/11/2020 at 17:25, Poppy said:

I watched both, as always when they coincide, and count myself as a big fan of both, though I found this years BTCC somewhat tedious, no JP to follow and Jack Goff in an uncompetitive car meant watchng to see which of the front runners I dislike least won the title. It's amazing how many so called BTCC fans bad nouth Formula 1, though they need to take a close look at the racing, BTCC has become quite processional at times in the last couple of years

On 17/11/2020 at 01:14, BroadAmbition said:

It is beyond doubt that M.S was truly a stupendous force in the sport.  However at least two of his world titles were 'Won' by cheating.

To the two obvious titles to which you refer you can probably add the two at Benetton as it is pretty certain that they were still using outlawed driver aids in the 1994 and '95 seasons. Flavio Briatore was in charge of Benetton in those days, need I say more. There has never been a bigger cheat in the sport than Briatore. Schumacher was not above using any means to win and there is a fine line between single mindedness and cheating, and IMHO he explored both. Of course he was learning the sport when Senna and Prost were pioneering the bumper car strategy and the unwillingness of the sport's inept governing body to intervene was seen by many as officially sanctioning such a policy. Had they dealt with Senna in 1990 they might have saved a few similar events afterwards. 

It is getting very difficult not to crown Hamilton as the greatest driver ever. 

• Like 2

I think its difficult to compare sports men and women from one age to another. For me theres no doubt  Lewis is the best for this age.To win seven world championships, from 2008 to 2020 is incredible. Will it be surpassed .Never say never,but it will take some doing.I'm sure he will carry on for another  few seasons. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I think its difficult to compare sports men and women from one age to another.

I agree, but there comes a point where one person so thoroughly eclipses all others that despite the peculiarities of different eras you have to bite the bullet and acknowledge them. Hamilton is that man, in my opinion, so much so that I won't even mention anyone else, or compare him to other greats, as there is nobody that compares. 

• Like 2