I May Have Turned A Corner.

Chelsea14Ian

Hoping that I've turned a corner.The pain seems to be carming down.Still there but not like it was recently. Still on two courses of Antibiotics and tablets for the shingles. The pain I was suffering was almost  the same as my operation .At present  thankfully my breathing  has improved. That was very worrying, I was breathless just walking  from the living room to the loo.Once again a big thankyou to Queen Elizabeth hospital Woolwich  for care.They quickly  realised my rash was shingles, putting me on I V antibiotics. Think the GP will check up on me tomorrow, if not I will ring them.I've got a follow  up clinic back at Woolwich regarding  my operation on the 4 December. The following  day I'm booked in to have my tooth  taken out.Not looking forward to that.But thankfully seemed to be improving. 

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

Not just yet,still suffering from Shingles. Now on a Morphine patch,strong  pain killers and meds for the shingles. Now in my fifth week.The pain worse  then the operation. Had my troublesome tooth taken out last still.Was worried about that,but the Dentist was brilliant. One problem less. Tomorrow the Cancer clinic at Queen Elizabeth hospital Woolwich. Today we went to Bluewater. Was a bit concerned, in case it was packed. We went early no problems. Maybe the affect of the Shingles, but If I stand or walk for any  length of time I get a sharp  pain  in my back and I get out of breath. So for the first time I hired a mobility scooter. Was very helpful.Gave me an insight to disability. Some people were very helpful others not so much.Plus some shops moving around on a scooter was not easy.

My scooter, now let's burn some rubber. 

20201208_133532.jpg

20201208_133526.jpg

• Like 7

I'm so pleased you managed a trip out, love the scooter, great for carrying shopping too :default_biggrin:  

I understand what you mean about the mobility scooter. My Dad has a small one which folds up and fits in the back of my car, we take it with us as walking for a long period of time can be painful for him. Unfortunately some people can be unkind, someone once called for "Long John Silver" to get out of the way, I had a few choice words I can tell you, I also reported him to  precinct Security. On the other hand there are such kind people too, more so than the nasty one's thank goodness

I hope your pain improves and you can at least have a merry little Christmas  :default_xmas6:

Take care and stay safe x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Getting out will improve your confidence including mental confidence! Giving you the encouragement that will help you feel determined to get better and return your life to normal - if that is possible considering everything!  Take care, take it one day at a time but onwards and upwards!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Jayfire
14 hours ago, Gracie said:

Well you didn't think it was something else now did you :default_norty:

You always use two different words to me :facepalm:

So how are "The Arsenal" getting on? I'd have a look myself but it's a strain on everyone's neck trying to  look so far down :default_norty:

:default_xmas2:

Just got back from the Hospital. Good news the Doctor  said it's clear.I was  lucky in the fact the Cancer was small.So I had a Xray. Back to the clinic in three months  times another Xray then a Cat scan.Then they will check on me for five years.Now please  shingles  go away.Last night very painful. Still so pleased that perhaps soon things will improve. Bring on Christmas :default_xmas6:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant news Ian...apart from the shingles. Still hopefully there will have more of a chance of that clearing up now you aren’t so stressed about the cancer.
Sounds like you are continuing to have good care. Thank God for the NHS. I was watching an American news channel earlier and a hospital in Chicago has announced they’ll be closing due to funding problems even as the number of hospital places is getting critical due to the explosion of Covid cases over there. How mad is that!

Many thanks. The shingles is still there.That in its self gets me down,and I will be glad when it goes. Indeed I was very lucky the Cancer  was caught early  and it was small.Theres no doubt  Covid has affected health care.Last night on the news.It was reported, non emergency operations have been badly affected delaying operations by months. Thankfully mine was not.I was first  told in late August there was a problem, and my operation to remove the Cancer in October. My concern is that whilst numbers of infections of Covid keep rising, leading to more people needing care in hospital, this puts pressure on health care.I am so grateful to the care I've received for my Cancer.If at some time I'm able to.I would  like to raise money  for the NHS.

• Like 3

Yes , it’s true that many operations have had to be cancelled .

This is due mainly to the amount of staff that have had to isolate either because they are in an “at risk” group or they have been in contact with a Covid-19 carrier or indeed have suffered from Covid-19 themselves .

The medical staff that are still at work in theatres are having to work even longer shifts than is normal in many cases 60+ hours a week .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still a long  way before  I turn that corner. Now week seven of shingles. Cant get rid of it.Now on 10mg Morphine patch ,pain killers and at times paracetamol. Spoke with my GP this evening. The last course of treatment  she can give is another patch.This is a strong  drug. She suggests if after a few weeks,its no better,she will refer me to a neurologist.This is really getting me down.Just hope it gets better soon.

• Sad 4

Overall  I'm thankful. To go through  my operation, then being  told they removed the Cancer. I think shingles  came about  due  to my body being weak after the operation. Nearly seven  weeks with shingles  is no fun.considering the level of drugs I'm on Its strong. She cheered me up no end(not).She said some affects can last months or years.