Holiday Cottages With A Day Boat

Davydine

We had Drakes Dyke from Riverside Rentals a couple of years ago, really nice !  I also heard they were very fair in their dealings over Coronavirus cancellations which is something to bear in mind at present 

Summercraft also used to have some 4 person lodges with dayboats, not sure if you have to book via Hoseasons though which is not so good.

27 minutes ago, NeilB said:

Summercraft also used to have some 4 person lodges with dayboats, not sure if you have to book via Hoseasons though which is not so good.

We used to hire boats from Summercraft.  If their cottages are as well presented as the boats used to be, they’ll be very nice indeed.  We always used to book for the next year at the end of our holiday, but Sue used to phone through to Hoseasons and dictate what we should be charged.  I don’t think they dared argue with Sue!!

• Like 1

Mum and dad used to hire the lodges from Summercraft when cruisers became too much effort for them, I sometimes popped up for a day or two but don't think I ever met Sue.  Sounds like I would have remembered if I had !

Their boats were always immaculate though.

Riverside Holidays let a number of the river bank cottages at Potter Heigham and have a deal with Phoenix and Maycraft for weekly launch hire. We have stayed in a number of them down the years, either the October or February half terms. 

You don't mention if fishing is important or just enjoying the river, but if fishing it is then you have some excellent reaches available above the bridge as well as straight off your own lawn. 

https://www.riverside-holidays.co.uk

Before committing to booking cottage and boat separately be sure to check the weekly "day boat" prices, some can be pretty eye watering. The link above for example want £560 for a week for their smallest six seat boat for the half term week in February. You could get a modern cruiser from Herbert Woods for the same week for much less. 

Herbert Woods have their cottages of course and I think give a free one day hire with them, and discount on extra days. 

Thanks everyone for the answers so far. Has anyone here stayed in the River View cottages that Barnes have? They come with a day boat but I don't think  they have their own moorings, so I am trying to work out where you moor the day boat. I will give them a call tomorrow, but thought I would ask here first!

David