3 Tiers

The way I see it. Every "Lockdown" gets weaker, every tier movement up (looking at some local figures, some areas only just stopped being in tier3) will be ignored.

Christmas given to the public because I believe it would be ignored wide scale.

Over in Kent, it has become obvious that the NHS cant cope leaving people 40 miles from infection wondering and so the rot grows.

The one thing authority cant lose is the consensus because by that is what governs us.

Now I've not been a believer in lockdowns or harsh rules but more of personal responsibility because this is a free state not a police one and because I work for the state I can see its limitations, usually hidden from view but now being exposed. This is an expensive country that needs a lot of maintenance that must be paid for.

Health versus wealth.        

• Like 1

From  the very beginning, when covad hit.Most people  once they realised the virus  was dangerous, acted responsibly.The main problem is a sizeable minority did the opposite. We've  seen some saying it won't  affect me I'm going to do what I like.Theres a real worry this could  happen  at Christmas  and  New year.On the news yesterday  they asked people  there thought s on the tiers.One chap summed it up saying.Its like school everyone is well behaved and theres always one who won't. People  need to act responsibly, think of others and not for themselves. 

• Like 3

• grendel changed the title to 3 Tiers
4 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

From  the very beginning, when covad hit.Most people  once they realised the virus  was dangerous, acted responsibly.The main problem is a sizeable minority did the opposite. We've  seen some saying it won't  affect me I'm going to do what I like.Theres a real worry this could  happen  at Christmas  and  New year.On the news yesterday  they asked people  there thought s on the tiers.One chap summed it up saying.Its like school everyone is well behaved and theres always one who won't. People  need to act responsibly, think of others and not for themselves. 

I'm back at work in the opticians.  Yesterday a young woman very proudly/smuggly announced she had exemption from wearing a mask.  She has asthma and wearing a mask has made it worse - her doctor had apparently told her that not wearing a mask might improve her asthma but that would be outweighed if she caught Covid!  She was seen by the optometrist (although some will not!)  - who in return is wearing a mask, safety goggles, gloves and a surgical apron.  We have to go to work in ordinary clothes, change at work and then change again before leaving.  The clothes I wear are bagged up at work and put straight into the washing machine when I get home.  A mask is worn at all  times including entering and leaving the premises.  The only time we can take one off is when eating lunch!  All patients have their temperature taken on arrival - yesterday a 16 year old set of the thermometers alarm and the family was asked to leave - the mother was not aware that the girl had a  temperature!  All children unless very young also have to wear masks. We have to allow longer between tests so that the optometrist can clean their room between patients/families.  We have perspex screens at the reception desk and in the dispensing area and screens between the three seats available for patients to sit and wait!  We allow patients to try on spectacles without a mask outside only!  We have mirror set up outside by the side door!

We are seeing considerably more people with eye issues as they can't get to see their doctors or have follow up appointments at the local hospitals.  Also its possible that the wearing of masks is causing additional eye complaints/infections.  I know that mother in law was exempt for two weeks following a cataract operation

Hopefully I work in a safe environment!  We know that our patients appreciate the precautions that we are taking!

Liz

• Like 11

The classic split. 
Vast majority of population it won’t effect, but if it does, only mild. 
Sizeable chunk it just won’t touch. 
And we all know where the argument goes when you say think of other generations. Used that argument in the referendum. 
so it becomes risk reward sum and I’m guessing to a sizeable mass it becomes reward. 

1 hour ago, Cheesey69 said:

Vast majority of population it won’t effect, but if it does, only mild. 

I take it that by "won't effect" you mean "won't catch it", as it has already effected the vast majority of the population of this country. How many catch it is dependent on the "R" number. If the R number goes and stays above 2, then the vast majority of the population stands a very high chance of catching it. Think grains of rice on the chess board. some will get it worse than others. some will die.

Sizeable chunk it just won’t touch. 

You base that on????

And we all know where the argument goes when you say think of other generations. Used that argument in the referendum. 

I fail to see the relevance of that.

so it becomes risk reward sum and I’m guessing to a sizeable mass it becomes reward. 

and I don't understand that at all!

• Like 3

It seems too much time and effort is spent by a lot of people trying to work out ways to circumvent the current regulations if the same effort were to be used to take measures to protect themselves and others we would stand a chance of reducing the R rate further , reducing the spread and saving the lives of others .

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Yes sorry, about 40 million people under fifty in this country. 
of 61 thousand deaths 50 thousand was over 65. 
So a large slice of the population won’t die from it or be affected especially if you’re young. 
Ok so if your under 50 and your watching your job slide away and you can’t go out, very unlikely to even know you’ve got covid then just maybe you might go out and meet your mates and chance it. 

As someone  who's over 65,suffering  from COPD and emphysema. Trying to recover from lung surgery, made worse by shingles. Theres no doubt  I'm at risk.Oh and yes out of work .With very little  chance of getting work.So sorry I'm part of a small group at risk.

What is your answer?should we just let the virus run its course, or try to combat it. Its very likely  that the world will only return  to some sort of normality once a vaccine is in place. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cheesey69 said:

So a large slice of the population won’t die from it or be affected especially if you’re young. 
Ok so if your under 50 and your watching your job slide away and you can’t go out, very unlikely to even know you’ve got covid then just maybe you might go out and meet your mates and chance it. 

I hate to be the one to break the news to you but people over 50 will be made redundant the same as every other adult group.

Before you allow the over 60s to just die, work out who will look after your children and elderly grandparents, if they survive your suggested neglect of their particular needs.

I presume the text you outline above is to suggest that the age groups of 20 to 50 are selfish and uncaring, they are not, with the exception of a minority. The vast majority care about all society not just their own wants and desires. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Cheesey69 said:

Ok so now we have it clearly defined, on one side we have the I am all right Jack tough luck brigade and on the other side those who are prepared to put others first in the public good.

Fred

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cheesey69 said:

Yeah right, catch covid and take it home to your parents, and round to your grandparents, but that's alright, you're OK.:40_rage:

• Like 3