Bahrain F1 Gp

Chelsea14Ian

Race stopped.lap one lots of bunching up Grosjean went off the track,and the car went up in flames.Thankfully he got out quickly. Seems he has broken ribs and burns on hands and ankles. Looking back at first I thought  he wouldn't get out.Hope he doesn't  suffer long term injuries. 

9 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Race stopped.lap one lots of bunching up Grosjean went off the track,and the car went up in flames.Thankfully he got out quickly. Seems he has broken ribs and burns on hands and ankles. Looking back at first I thought  he wouldn't get out.Hope he doesn't  suffer long term injuries. 

Will you sod off until tomorrow!

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, floydraser said:

Ok, freedom of expression and all that but as this kind of thread always gets the same reaction, why not leave it until after the race has finished when everyone will be more than happy to join in? It's just pointless IMHO.

And after the race has finished includes the highlights which are generally shown hours later so perhaps the day after would be for the best.

Mods, sorry you had to get involved when a member complained about a reply I posted directed at them.

• Like 1

As soon as I saw the post topic I left it alone Mike and I avoid any news regarding F1 until we have eventually seen the race, some watch it live but we wait until it is shown on channel 4 or even on plus one.

I would ask forum members to wait until others have had the chance to watch the race before making any form of comment.

• Like 2

I don't like to upset people, and frequently have to bite my typing tongue but I really do feel quite strongly about this.

The very existence of this thread acted as a bit of a spoiler in as much as if there was nothing to report, then the thread would not have existed. Poppy's observation that those wishing to avoid knowing anything, need not read it, is not quite fair, as had Ian been reporting that the whole race had been cancelled, say for Covid reasons, it would have been a good and helpful post, and it was that sort of possibility that caused me to read it.

Doh! I really wish I hadn't. it was a spoiler after all.

After the highlights, I wrote quite a long post berating Ian, but something stopped me hitting the "send" button, instead saving it to word so I could send it today. 

Suffice to say it started

"I fail to understand the pleasure Ian seems to get by spoiling other peoples enjoyment in these difficult times."

Personally, now, I think that is enough of the post to quote  to illustrate my considerable annoyance at the existence of this thread.

There are 3 types of people relevant to this. Those who get to see the race live, those who watch the highlights and those not interested in F1.

Those who watched it live knew what had happened and didn't need to be informed, the ones who would watch the highlights, who wouldn't want to be informed, and those not interested who probably wouldn't read the thread anyway.

16 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

My only reason is this was very serious. I won't post the result.As yet the race has not re started, is due to soon.

Sorry Ian, that doesn't wash. You have been asked before, but I shall ask again.

Please don't start such threads until all those who wish to watch the race have had every chance to do so.

• Like 1

Why do I do this post.No surprise I follow F1.Yesterday I was watching the race and on the  phone.I was shocked watching  what happened  in front of my eyes.Yes I've  given away results  in the past,of which I'm sorry that I did. I thought  yesterday  was different. This accident was so serious  I thought  no one could come out alive.As I reported  the race was stopped  then restarted about one hour later.Rightly or wrongly my thinking this was so serious, I felt the need to post.On this occasion It was not my intention to spoil anyone's viewing.Remember I've still not let on any result,only that Romain was very lucky to get out of that car alive.What has taken me aback,not one person has mentioned the accident only the fact I may have spoilt the outcome.My thoughts are with Romain and I hope he recovers and returns to F1.

Yes the main purpose  of the forum is the broads and boating.I posted under Broadscot lounge.

• Like 2

As MM has demonstrated (I seem to be agreeing with him a lot all of a sudden??) it's a good idea to stop and think before hitting post/send/reply. In this case I think it's quite clear and should have been common knowledge that this kind of thread is going to spoil someone's day, even though in only a relatively small way.

I don't think the arguments of hot news/freedom of speech etc over ride the simple matter of respect for others; helping them to have a decent day without let downs. It isn't difficult.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, floydraser said:

As MM has demonstrated (I seem to be agreeing with him a lot all of a sudden??) it's a good idea to stop and think before hitting post/send/reply. In this case I think it's quite clear and should have been common knowledge that this kind of thread is going to spoil someone's day, even though in only a relatively small way.

I don't think the arguments of hot news/freedom of speech etc over ride the simple matter of respect for others; helping them to have a decent day without let downs. It isn't difficult.

I hope they've watched it by now, since it's all over the media this morning - even Radio Norfolk - as it was yesterday evening.   Anyone calling for the BBC to 'stop and think' ? :default_biggrin:

• Like 2

I think it marvellous that engineering has so improved the safty of a driver's that a person can survive a crash like that and relatively come away without a injury, this expertise no doubt will eventually filter down to motor vehicles as has so many other features from motor racing. John

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

It was reported that Ricciardo was disgusted with the way the crash was repeatedly repeated.

Whilst I do have a little bit of sympathy with Ricciardo's opinion, I think on the whole, that it good that it was shown so often, it was after all, very impressive. Romain escaping says much about how the safety aspect has improved.

The incident that ultimately lead to the death of Jules Bianchi 6 years ago was, quite rightly, very rarely shown. 

And yes Poppy, I have written to the BBC about this, and on more than one occasion.

• Like 1

It's worth pointing out that a lot of people use the last 7 day view when visiting the forum, I certainly do. That shows you the title of the topic and the first three lines of the last post, which when Ian had just posted the topic yesterday was pretty much the whole of his post. I also get email alerts to threads that I follow and the first post on any new thread. Again that contains the first few words of a post.

If you try and avoid news on F1 or BTCC or what ever sport you follow, there are the obvious places to avoid. A forum devoted to the Norfolk Broads should be somewhere you can spend a bit of time whilst waiting for the highlights program to be shown.

• Like 4

Corrr some people need a chill pill. I don’t think a back-marker crashing is that much of a give away, and understand this post given the severity...

Crash was horrific - I was speechless and sure he would be the latest fatality...shows the sort of people these drivers are, footballers go down with the slightest of touch, rolling around like they’ve been shot... F1 drivers get up and walk away.

also hats off to the medics - it took balls to run towards the fire like that :594c04ff2c94f_default_policesmiley:

• Like 6