Reading Through Old Forums

Roy

Hi this is a question for Janet Alan / Anne I was reading a old forum post from 2016 about you raising a sunken boat a Leo Robinson eagle class. I think this looks like a old boat I used to know ( rich fields) 

could you be so kind to let me know how the restoration is going if going at all. 

Thanks Roy 

2 hours ago, Roy said:

Hi this is a question for Janet Alan / Anne I was reading a old forum post from 2016 about you raising a sunken boat a Leo Robinson eagle class. I think this looks like a old boat I used to know ( rich fields) 

could you be so kind to let me know how the restoration is going if going at all. 

Thanks Roy 

Was that really almost 5 years ago? You'll have to tell me about your interest in her, she's had quite a life!

Richeldis (Lady Beverley to us) is in storage. Her restoration has not started yet because we need to finish some other projects first.

She is an absolutely huge undertaking and is probably not really doable but once we have some materials allocated we will have a session.

You'll all know when we start, there'll be an appeal, aka Royal Tudor's DIY sos, for help! How are your woodworking skills?

Thank you for the information. 

My involvement with this old lady is quite small I am afraid we used to own the plot of land next to but one to where she was kept. 

I as a child liked old woodies and would often go round to see the owners when they were down I can remember her being used but later life she was used as a house boat and then not used at all. My dad sold the plot of land about 20 years ago and I have often wondered what has happened to her. 

It’s nice to know she may well have another inings. 

I am afraid my woodwork skills are not up to much. 

Roy 

• Like 1