Cafe To Be Demolished

SwanR

Should be! They also trade at Waxham Barns so hopefully they'll be OK. Not so good for the land owner though who has paid personally for sea defence work with no help over several years who also stepped in some years ago when the council wanted to close the toilets by paying for their maintenance, also donating land free of charge for the Coastwatch station.

It's a sad day for Winterton over and above the loss of the Cafe.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RS2021 said:

They're moving to Acle Bridge. Hope that's secure from coastal erosion!

Not if natural England has anything to do with it....

There is a very good picture on the EDP  (edp24.co.uk) which clearly shows why the cafe hasn't got a chance..

Though I don't think the satellite is that good more a drone picture

My understanding is that the original agreement was for Dunes to open at Acle for one year as a means of assessing the viability of a catering outlet at that location. It was also suggested, at the time, that the building itself had a very limited, remaining life span, that being, in part, the justification for the construction of the proposed Acle Debacle. 

Since then I have heard absolutely zero on this topic. I would like to think that the Dunes people now have some form of security but I suspect that you know who is still clutching at straws in regard to his grandiose ambitions.