shower drainage solved

Guest biggles999

Hi Gang,

Just a quick update on the shower, I went down to the boat armed with a light fitting and a 150 w light bulb and a mirror on a stick, turned it on and all was revealed there is another green hose connected to the shower drain which then runs under the bilges and emerges beside the auto bilge pump, it was blocked by years of hair and other unsavioury bits, on clearing the pipe water it now drains away. The green pipe in the photos is a redundant pipe as is the switch on the edge of the wash basin.

John Bell of Bell Boats threw so light if thats the right word on the subject after contacting him, he actually built "Tango" so was very helpfull rather like our Clive lol :Stinky

Hi,

Because most of my time is spent moored up at Marine I now have to consider changing the water heater as there seems to be no provision for an emersion heater to be fitted, cost wise it takes 30 minutes of cruising to warm the water for a night so I will be on the hunt for another tank with emersion heater capability preferably secondhand, unless some one knows better ! :Stinky

Hi,

Because most of my time is spent moored up at Marine I now have to consider changing the water heater as there seems to be no provision for an emersion heater to be fitted, cost wise it takes 30 minutes of cruising to warm the water for a night so I will be on the hunt for another tank with emersion heater capability preferably secondhand, unless some one knows better ! :Stinky

good luck with finding a good 2nd hand one, i would strongly recommend a new one, if your pally with your local yard ask them if they would buy you one trade, i would go for a Hotpot from ASAP supplies all pre assembled making install easy, otherwise search the net for any deals.

Your 2nd hand one will proberbly be half full of scale, the insulation will most likely be below par and its a lottery on how long a life it has left.

If you dont currently have an immersion then you will need to wire up the new one, is your shore power hook up up to speck? what is your breaker set up?