How much does start location matter

Broads01

Over the years I've been unconciously adding to a little collection of mine being Broads locations for picking up a hireboat. I'm not talking boatyards here as in Horizon Craft or Bridge Craft, I'm talking Broads locations as in Acle Bridge. I have ambition to start a holiday one day from somwhere I've never started before, which for me would be Oulton Broad, Reedham or funnily enough Horning (even though I've started from Wroxham and Stalham amongst others many times).

This started me thinking, does start location actually matter? What makes the difference between a good start location and a not so good one? Is there anywhere to avoid starting from (remember when Line Azzuro were at Great Yarmouth!)

Simon, Hi

I always admired Paul and Lorna when they (bravely?) moored at Loddon... that would certainly be on my list of places NOT to start from, particularly in the "mad" season!

You may say I'm a wimp but the sight of some of those (hopefully) hire-boats barrelling towards us at anything but 4mph in the tighter stretches of the Chet sends shivers through me!

for us for 19 years we always left from potter but last year we broke that tradition & went from stalham & will be doing so this year with two boats with the other half of the family.....

does the location matter YELL NO does the yard its boats & staff politeness .... course it does

as long as i get to the broads hear the sound of a nice diesel & the smell im fine

Jonny