Bicycle !

MauriceMynah

Davits are a bit OTT, how's aboat one of them towbar mounted racks? If you can't decide what bike to bring then you can simply file two or three as seen on chelsea tractors crawling along the A149 North Norfolk coast road, looking for cycle lanes probably...

I would echo Ray's recommendation but the real 'Surf Bikes' are the right tool for the job, far easier as you don't need a real bicycle to bolt on; the crank housing & pedals, seat and handle bars are already built on with propellor & rudder respectively. And it won't look any sillier on a boat than on an automobile!

15 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Oh! I was told a lurcher was the dog of choice, but yes, on a string!

I was forgetting you have 42ft in which to lose a dog. A lurcher would be a fine thing. Might need something stronger than string though. A bit of old mooring rope maybe? :default_biggrin:

24 minutes ago, grendel said:

have you considered the alternative of one of those electric scooters, they fold up a lot smaller, but have a decent range.

No, I think it has to be a lurcher.

20 minutes ago, SteveO said:

I was forgetting you have 42ft in which to lose a dog. A lurcher would be a fine thing. Might need something stronger than string though. A bit of old mooring rope maybe? :default_biggrin:

No, if I used that, my trousers would fall down. 

53 minutes ago, grendel said:

have you considered the alternative of one of those electric scooters, they fold up a lot smaller, but have a decent range.

I read somewhere that they aren’t yet legal apart from a few areas where they are being used under trial as casual hire items, similar to Boris bikes (Milton Keynes being one of them...I’m already getting fed up of them being abandoned at odd places near us).
I might well be behind the times on this one though.

not that I know of, but Yns Mons is correct at present they can only be used on hire, and have speed limiters when used in town centres (though the restrictions lift further out) the hire is a trial to see whether they will be allowed under the same regulation as electric bikes which dont share the restriction. if you add a wheel and a seat they magically become disabled vehicles and become legal though.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 22:14, grendel said:

not that I know of, but Yns Mons is correct at present they can only be used on hire, and have speed limiters when used in town centres (though the restrictions lift further out) the hire is a trial to see whether they will be allowed under the same regulation as electric bikes which dont share the restriction. if you add a wheel and a seat they magically become disabled vehicles and become legal though.

And a top  speed of 4mph on pavements where as even the road only legal hire scooters have a top speed of 16 mph like electric bicycles..