Winterised And Gone...not! 😟

Well we should have winterised Jemaki today and we were booked on the midnight ferry to Dieppe with the caravan tonight our ultimate destination being Costa del Somewhere until March...but along came gout in my knee!..from a slight tingling on Thursday night to me being in A&E on Friday with the worst pain you could ever imagine and my knee the size of a basketball. Fabulous treatment at Dumfries and Galloway hospital has got me on the mend including extracting two phials of gunkΒ with a turkey baster(no anaesthetic). So the ferry has moved to Saturday with the addition of another Β£95!..happy days..

John.

20201210_145348.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Winterised and back...me that is. After a great 3 months in the sunshine of the Costa Blanca enjoying Tapas & Tinto Verano,we are back on board Jemaki, its a tad cooler here though πŸ₯ΆΒ  She started up first time on the button and we had a little cruise to top up the batteries & heat water.Β  Only a slight amount of mildew thanks to the 30 odd moisture absorbers that we dotted about, that and leaving the windows slightly ajar.(Understandably) costly to return to blighty - 2 x covid tests in Spain @ €40 in order to board the ferry and then 2 x home tests when here, one on day 2 and one on day 8 at Β£440 in total...ouch! Oh well she will just have to cut back on the vino blanco..Nice to be back on the water πŸ™‚