Return Of The Horning Pleasurecraft Name

Broads01

27 minutes ago, Dan said:

Hoseasons also show "Swiftway"... which sounds like a Bounty 40' with the sideways rear cabins, but currently looks like Far Horizon! ;)

Far Horizon is showing as full throughout the season (unlikely) so perhaps it's being withdrawn. It's not just a rename as Far Horizon is 36ft........unless they have added a bit on at the back!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Far Horizon is showing as full throughout the season (unlikely) so perhaps it's being withdrawn. It's not just a rename as Far Horizon is 36ft........unless they have added a bit on at the back!

No I think they have just used Far Horizon as a generic photo for Swiftway

I don't think Far Horizon is going anywhere, and is a bit under-priced to my mind.  I think that's why it is almost fully booked... I can see 4 days available 26/7, 16/8 and lots of space in October so I think it is the original two classes of Sunway & Far Horizon with a couple of additional boats showing up soon

Dan

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think that's why it is almost fully booked... I can see 4 days available 26/7, 16/8 and lots of space in October

Your right Dan. I didn't go through short break availability. Surprised it's so well booked though given the limits of it's cruising area.

2 hours ago, catcouk said:

Interesting. I wonder if Richardson's plan to move some of their higher air draft boats down there to avoid the peril of Ludham Bridge?

No, as Simon says in his post Horning Pleasurecraft will be owned/run by Clive still but it has become a seperate entity to Richardson's Leisure and is no longer in their ownership

Dan

• Like 4

10 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

To be fair David far horizon has always let very well from its first season afloat,like the vast majority of richardson's platinum fleet. Wasn't swiftway the new sedan boat that was meant to launch from Stalham this year but was withdrawn due to covid. I know the moulds had been finished and just needed fitting out? Good luck with the new venture Clive, will we see any RC45 at horning I wonder? 

• Thanks 1

Interestingly Horning Pleasurecraft Limited and Broads Holidays Limited are completely new companies established in March this year - using names previously used by other Richardsons companies. Also at the same time a new company Richardsons Leisure (Holdings) Limited was established. Looks like Richardsons are having a big restructure and splitting the business. Looking at the dates it must have been planned pre COVID.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RS2021 said:

Interestingly Horning Pleasurecraft Limited and Broads Holidays Limited are completely new companies established in March this year - using names previously used by other Richardsons companies. Also at the same time a new company Richardsons Leisure (Holdings) Limited was established. Looks like Richardsons are having a big restructure and splitting the business. Looking at the dates it must have been planned pre COVID.

The companies history has been update on there website to reflect that. Stating paul and Laura now own richardson's group and horning and the Catfield site are no longer part of the group. So yes it seems to be big changes for richardson's. Hopefully Clive and his team will continue to design and develop new boats I believe he said there is a new one due next summer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeffbroadslover said:

Maybe Clive will see this thread and feel that he should save everyone guessing what is happening and give us the full details. We all know how informative he can be when he wants.

Jeff

Wise words , no need to speculate when the MD of the company is an active member on here , I’m sure he will update us all when he feels the time is right .

• Like 6

We moor there and it's still all the same team working there since the name change, albeit, as others have said, it is now separate. Been our mooring since 2018 and have found it a very friendly well run place to be. Clive and Jason his manager are always happy to have a chat and make us feel welcome. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly their website doesn't appear to be working. It redirects through to www.broadshols.co.uk which then fails to load. Their Hoseasons page is live though, showing Sunway and Far Horizon, with the addition of Swiftway using a generic picture of what looks like a Silverline 40. Whatever's going on I really hope this virus hasn't scuppered another new venture.

Yes its basically me doing what I love doing, building and looking after boats both modern and classic, the industrial sites are small businesses and workshops full if interesting people and activities, I like all the kinds of innovative stuff going on, we are building a new design which is in development in Catfield which will be built in Horning. 

there are 3 new boats currently being made ready for hire, which are 

Swiftway, a Bounty 40' centre cockpit 

Tideway, a Aquafibre Pearl 38' centre cockpit 

and Jomaric, a 1948 Windboat 

all 3 are currently having major refits. 

the new boat is hopefully going to be ready late in the season, ill release details of that soon for those of you who have not seen it. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Clive,

All sounds good to me, but what about your Dads boat 'Broads Venture'?

She is way overdue to be now be out there showing hersen off.  Tis proper selfish keeping her all to yersen.  How about getting her to next years wooden boat show at Beccles? - That'd be a doable target to aim for, especially with your knowledge / resources

Griff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Clive,

All sounds good to me, but what about your Dads boat 'Broads Venture'?

She is way overdue to be now be out there showing hersen off.  Tis proper selfish keeping her all to yersen.  How about getting her to next years wooden boat show at Beccles? - That'd be a doable target to aim for, especially with your knowledge / resources

Griff

back burner again but she does now have a  new apron and stem fastened in, there are a few planks aft and a good bit of varnish needed again but will see how this year goes, my priorities have changed yet again... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good luck Clive and co, It's nice to see the Horning pleasurecraft name back, nice touch :) 

You are very lucky though to be doing what you enjoy though.. Best job I've ever done was working at the trimming company and would jump straight back at it if I could!

• Like 2