Barton Boardwalk - New Photo Vlog

Oddfellow

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, still said:

Nice vlog! That's definitely like worthy. What camera do you use? 

Thanks. 

The video was shot using an Osmo Pocket. Stills on this vlog were combination of the Osmo Pocket and an Olympus E-M10 Mk3. However, I also use a Nikon D90, Olympus OM10, Smartphone, DJI drones and a Insta 360 One X2. 

Have you looked at the recent vlogs in Yorkshire? 

4 hours ago, FreedomBoatingHols said:

Olympus OM10

I'm guessing that's why you got the E-M10 then Andy?

I've had once since the 90's and though I haven't used it in a long time, it's a great camera.

I used to shoot M4/3 and always quite fancied one of the OM-D's.

On 06/02/2021 at 21:59, oldgregg said:

I'm guessing that's why you got the E-M10 then Andy?

I've had once since the 90's and though I haven't used it in a long time, it's a great camera.

I used to shoot M4/3 and always quite fancied one of the OM-D's.

Well, The OM20 (I mis-typed it above) was my Father's camera and it still has the original battery in it from around 1995. I use it rarely now, but have a bunch of Ektar film I need to use up, so will go out exclusively with film for a vlog or two in the coming months. 

I bought the OM-D Em10-Mk3 because I was increasingly unhappy with the noise from my D90 and Olympus had an incredible offer on a bundle in June last year that I couldn't refuse. Prior to that, I had no experience with MFT. I love the size and weight of it, but really want a 5Mk3 now for the extra functionality. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FreedomBoatingHols said:

. . . . . . . . 5Mk3 now for the extra functionality. 

Still Olympus?  After over 40 years of being a dedicated Canon user (both film and digital), I tried a Fuji X-T1 when they came out and loved it.  Bought an X-T2 when it was released and sold the 1 and treated myself to the X-T4 last year, this time keeping the predecessor.  They have renewed a love of the hobby for me - lighter and more compact than the EOS5 MkII I had before and with a more traditional feel.

1 minute ago, Mouldy said:

Still Olympus?  After over 40 years of being a dedicated Canon user (both film and digital), I tried a Fuji X-T1 when they came out and loved it.  Bought an X-T2 when it was released and sold the 1 and treated myself to the X-T4 last year, this time keeping the predecessor.  They have renewed a love of the hobby for me - lighter and more compact than the EOS5 MkII I had before and with a more traditional feel.

I have been tempted by the Fuji. It seems to be a stunning bit of kit and much favoured by many landscape photographers. Not remotely tempted by full-frame now. I have had a Fuji S2-pro for years which is why I went to the Nikon D90. I suspect my next purchase will be a 12-200 zoom so I can continue to travel light. I might sell the Nikon and Fuji stuff as I don't use it much any more. 

That's the great thing about MFT, everything is generally very small and light. That and the fact that there's a huge range of secondhand lenses available for really reasonable prices.

Also, the reach of the zoom lenses with that 2x crop factor is great for wildlife. And even the high-end lenses are a fraction of the cost of full-frame equivalents.

I bought my first Olympus MFT body in around 2011, having previously had a Nikon D80. At the time, phone cameras were rubbish and I wanted something more portable than the Nikon for general use so an E-PL1 fit the bill nicely.

Since then I've had four others (all Lumix). I do still love that system for many reasons, although I sold up last autumn and went full-frame.

Portability is less of an issue now that phone cameras are acceptably good, so I'm not so worried about the weight of the camera that I take out only when I want to take proper pics. I'm tempted to get another MFT for wildlife, though, because of that crop factor and the cheapness of lenses.