New Shaped Mattress For Alphacraft 42 Front Bedroom

Sam

We recently had one made by Shipshape who are based between Ludham and Catfield

https://shipshapebedding.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKCAiAoOz-BRBdEiwAyuvA6_AZ416UCBOyaRcRhwC8HT7UzxA408iDNxZNIr3miDf19yZHut_GthoCqFUQAvD_BwE

Prepare for a sizeable bill, though, they’re not cheap.  We saved money on ours by not having a cover made of the same material as the rest of the upholstery.  It looks like a normal domestic mattress, but when it’s covered by bedding, who’s going to see it?

Another vote for Jeckells. They came along took a pattern for the shape and then returned a new mattress a week or so later. My only very slight complaint is they were meant to take the old mattress away but didn't. I wasn't there and they got the keys from the marina office, left the new mattress on top of the old and returned the keys. Probably just a miscommunication on the part of the delivery team. Had no problems with the new mattress, all very comfortable and fits fine.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

We recently had one made by Shipshape who are based between Ludham and Catfield

https://shipshapebedding.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKCAiAoOz-BRBdEiwAyuvA6_AZ416UCBOyaRcRhwC8HT7UzxA408iDNxZNIr3miDf19yZHut_GthoCqFUQAvD_BwE

Prepare for a sizeable bill, though, they’re not cheap.  We saved money on ours by not having a cover made of the same material as the rest of the upholstery.  It looks like a normal domestic mattress, but when it’s covered by bedding, who’s going to see it?

Thanks for that. I see they do mattress toppers which might be a good option.

37 minutes ago, Sam said:

. . . . I see they do mattress toppers which might be a good option.

We tried one, although not from Shipshape, but frankly it was a waste of time and went into the skip along with our old mattress when the new one arrived.  If your mattress is past it, it won’t support a topper imho.

33 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

We tried one, although not from Shipshape, but frankly it was a waste of time and went into the skip along with our old mattress when the new one arrived.  If your mattress is past it, it won’t support a topper imho.

I might give them a ring and see what they say 

janet.mundy1@ntlworld.com 

This lady hand makes mattresses to any shape in almost any quality, from budget foam to fully posture sprung, with or without memory foam or pillow tops, standard, semi ortho or full orthopaedic. We have always had new mattresses made when buying caravans and never been disappointed. 

She made our current mattress, 8 inch semi ortho sprung with a 2 inch pillow top, 4'6" x 6'6"with cut away corners on one side top and bottom, all covered in a high quality embroidered damask cover it is every bit as comfortable as our home mattress and cost around £200, around a quarter of the price of a replacement from a caravan dealer and much better than the original. 

I think she charges by the overall size and makes little if any extra cost for shaping. All she needs is a simple diagram of the shape with the basic dimensions and she can make anything

I can promise you now you will not find better quality and value. Website is https://www.custommademattress.co.uk/range.php

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paul said:

janet.mundy1@ntlworld.com 

This lady hand makes mattresses to any shape in almost any quality, from budget foam to fully posture sprung, with or without memory foam or pillow tops, standard, semi ortho or full orthopaedic. We have always had new mattresses made when buying caravans and never been disappointed. 

She made our current mattress, 8 inch semi ortho sprung with a 2 inch pillow top, 4'6" x 6'6"with cut away corners on one side top and bottom, all covered in a high quality embroidered damask cover it is every bit as comfortable as our home mattress and cost around £200, around a quarter of the price of a replacement from a caravan dealer and much better than the original. 

I think she charges by the overall size and makes little if any extra cost for shaping. All she needs is a simple diagram of the shape with the basic dimensions and she can make anything

I can promise you now you will not find better quality and value. Website is https://www.custommademattress.co.uk/range.php

I’ve just had a look. Can’t believe the prices. Thank you so much. I’ll contact them after the New Year and let you know what I decide to do :default_xmas2:

I worked for a marine trimmer for a bit.  Most proper mattresses are made up in yorkshire, we used to use a company up there but I can't remember the details and googles not helping. If you do decide, I'd recommend at best grabbing a pocket sprung mattress, it will be more money but will be worth it, also the smaller shape also allows for the custom shapes.  Also be aware that the steel springs in a mattress aren't best suited for the marine environment so the springs used in marine mattresses should be suited hence more money though.  If you want a proper mattress I'd recommend norfolk based ship shape who really know their stuff.. If budgets a concern then you can get any trimmer to use normal foams which are still pretty comfy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1