Irresponsible Behavior?

That was a week ago now. More relevant I think are the reports I have read that 85% of people complied with the Christmas lockdown rules and that 75% think it was right to change the rules. Yes it was the Mail Online but even so, that has to be good news. And the streets around where I live were deserted when I went out yesterday.

I was quite surprised just how much fun we were able to have on a Zoom call, opening presents and playing some online games. We were spread across the country in two tier 4 areas and one tier 3, and even joined a friend in from Australia. Not quite the same as all being together but very good fun nonetheless.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

Not strictly Broads nor even Norfolk generally, or North Norfolk in particular,  but relevant to us all.

https://www.irvinetimes.com/news/national-news/18957930.passengers-packed-trains-london-branded-totally-irresponsible/

That is no different to the selfish behaviour many of us have condemned with those that have tried to push the boundaries in the past, you either ascrificies your own liberties for the benefit of all or pursue your own objectives regardless of how many deaths you are unknowingly responsible for.

Fred  

• Like 1

Irresponsible maybe but understandable.

The government said you had a day to get back home for Christmas and what do think would happen?

Anyway the travel restrictions from London tier 4 didn't apply to 12 midnight so technically they was not breaking any rules in that regard. 

That what happens when you delay and bluster.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SwanR said:

That was a week ago now. More relevant I think are the reports I have read that 85% of people complied with the Christmas lockdown rules and that 75% think it was right to change the rules. Yes it was the Mail Online but even so, that has to be good news. And the streets around where I live were deserted when I went out yesterday.

I was quite surprised just how much fun we were able to have on a Zoom call, opening presents and playing some online games. We were spread across the country in two tier 4 areas and one tier 3, and even joined a friend in from Australia. Not quite the same as all being together but very good fun nonetheless.

so that leaves 25% and 15% that did not. a very large amount.

It is not the figure that complied is important, its the amount that did not.

55 minutes ago, Cheesey69 said:

so that leaves 25% and 15% that did not. a very large amount.

It is not the figure that complied is important, its the amount that did not.

I would rather look at my glass as 3/4 full not 1/4 empty but agree that those not complying do matter because they are probably only causing the rest of us to be restricted for longer. And I have personal reasons as to why that matters so much. 

The point I was really trying to make is that in my view there was no point in starting a topic now about news that is more than a week old. It’s only going to rile people. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, SwanR said:

The point I was really trying to make is that in my view there was no point in starting a topic now about news that is more than a week old. It’s only going to rile people. 

Couldn’t agree more.  Covid and everything related to it has been done to death (whoops) on here, as well as various FB groups.  Everyone has their own views on what should and shouldn’t have been done and none of us knows what will happen in the future.  Personally, I’m sick of hearing about it and the vile comments aimed at individuals who have an opinion that goes against someone else’s beliefs.

Obviously, we are all hoping to a positive outcome as and when the vaccine becomes more widely available, but it is inevitable that with all viruses that there will be some for whom the vaccine is is ineffective.  Let’s not forget that Covid 19 is another form of the same virus that is the common cold.

I for one, hope that the Forum can concentrate on The Norfolk Broads and leave discussions relating to this virus elsewhere.

• Like 4

On a more positive note this was the uptodate situation in our postcode today.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/search?postcode=NR34+7AR

I have just been looking at the traffic crossing the Wroxham Bridge and it looks no different than normal.

Wells Next The Sea car park -  chocker..

https://www.portofwells.co.uk/webcam/

34 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Wells Next The Sea car park -  chocker..

Off course it has to be remembered that travel for exercise or recreation is allowed even in a tier 4 area. Personally though I would travel to somewhere a little quieter and less crowded, even if it meant travelling slightly further.

These are tier 4 restrictions, not lockdown yet!

The sooner people observe the abiding rule of hands, face, space the better.

I saw a gadget they have been using in a monument in Rome which beeps if you get within 2m of someone else. Sounds like a good idea for supermarkets with one modification. A small electric shock rather than just a beep would be better.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Meantime said:

Off course it has to be remembered that travel for exercise or recreation is allowed even in a tier 4 area. Personally though I would travel to somewhere a little quieter and less crowded, even if it meant travelling slightly further.

Tier 4 is also called Stay At Home! This from the .gov.uk website and as such we won't be leaving the area where we live for the foreseeable future. I really am going to avoid these kind of topics now and get back to what this forum is supposed to be about.

Travelling within a Tier 4 area

If you live in a Tier 4 area, you must not leave your home unless you have a reasonable excuse (e.g. for work or education purposes). If you need to travel you should stay local - meaning avoiding travelling outside of your village, town or the part of a city where you live - and look to reduce the number of journeys you make overall.

• Like 4

Hi Forum members I would like to say what Jenny Morgan says a irresponsible people not keep a Distant as when I went out to my GP Surgery to have Flu Jab in October I had to remind fellow patience's to Step Back Two metres but I wish I had a very large Round Fender off my Back to keep those mindless idiots  back  . The other thing is we go the minority. Spoiling things for the  majority whom obeying the Rules and get rid of this awful conavirus as soon as possible to get our own life back. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SwanR said:

This is old news and we're past Christmas.

Agreed but it is also currant and New Years Eve is ahead, hardly time to brush it under the carpet.

I have also noticed people on other groups seeking temporary accommodation for the New Year Weekend. I questioned one poster who then suggested that he was coming from one tier four area and going to another and then asked what was the harm in that? 

9 minutes ago, Meantime said:

Says one of the top posters to this thread, who coincidentally started the thread! :default_rofl::default_hiding:

Ho Ho and a Happy New Year!!

In truth I was not attempting to stir but Norfolk, instead of going into the hoped for Tier One, has jumped from Tier Two to Tier Four, alarming.

1 minute ago, JennyMorgan said:

Ho Ho and a Happy New Year!!

In truth I was not attempting to stir but Norfolk, instead of going into the hoped for Tier One, has jumped from Tier Two to Tier Four, alarming.

as has a large portion of the rest of the country, if you look at the pattern of the incidence, it is spreading from the south east as the new variant spreads from there through the country.

3 minutes ago, grendel said:

as has a large portion of the rest of the country, if you look at the pattern of the incidence, it is spreading from the south east as the new variant spreads from there through the country

Worrying but seemingly not unexpected. NHS projections have been spot on. Having family on the front line I do see the increasing pressure on their staff. Roll on jabs!