Hi from up North

Guest GIOGIO

hello all..hope this doesn't seem sad ...but I enjoy the site and an thinking of visiting..boat hol first and poss boat ownership later....looks fab...around Norfolk...been to coast Wells next to sea..Burnham Market ..good pal is from there..live near the canal system in High Peak Derbyshire....but not sure if the canals would do it for me ...thinking about a cheap starter boat ..Freeman 22..or Norman 23 ft.any tips most appreciated..Thanks Gio

Welcome Gio, Freeman or Norman will make a decent cheap starter boat if you get a decent one, watch out for clapped outboards and leaking windows, Shetland are another boat you might like to look at.

If you want to research Normans you could do a lot worse than have a look at Trevor of this parishes site, there is also a good Freeman owners club site and a Shetland owners club site.

hey thanks for the responses...very helpful too..at work at mo..so will review later..have a good day all.. regards

:wave hi giogio, welcome to our forum i'm sure you'll enjoy it, i know you feel i too live up there in chessy, & the canals don't do it for me either , my parents used to come down to norfolk regulary when i was a youngster, then my dad had a boat at lincoln, it was nice but not the same as the broads, that's where my true heart lies. :love lori

It sometimes seems that we want the opposite to what we have.............I love the canals and I live by the Boards.........I should like to swap, please !!

Caroline