A River In Winter - 1975 Documentary On The Yare

AdnamsGirl

And sadly lost only last year. 

Cadilly was one of four Broom 45's  the most notable being 'The Albert' based on Wroxham Broad. Another called Sujarota is still at Brundall and old age means I can't remember the name of the fourth :default_blush:

Three of the four were twin engined whereas Cadilly had just the one. Ironically Cadilly was the only one to go to sea!

In the film she is at Brooms where she returned to every winter for servicing, winterising etc. Her dinghy is missing from the davits, 1975 was the year it was stolen! 

I remember when the Sea Scouts had MTB 102 moored in Brundall and she was moored in a cut on the riverbank, from where what is now called Ho-bro's dyke was dug out, to form the Brundall Bay Marina.

Interesting film of the building sheds at Harvey Eastwood, which was on the main river opposite Coldham Hall.

Also some good shots of the quay in front of Jimmy Cole senior's riverside stores at Tidecraft - now part of the Brooms premises.  In those days they were a very important service for hire boats on the Yare, very much like Lathams are now.

It's funny, but I would put that film as nearer 1970 than 1975. 

Loved it. Spotted the boat similar to mine being repaired; he was giving it quite a whack wasn't he? :default_icon_exclaim:

Loved the Coypu hunter: "...I ain' gonna 'urt yer". Bang! :default_icon_rolleyes:

The old Marshman's accent reminded me of a forklift driver at Asda Norwich, Tony.

I think those coasters would have frightened the life out of me. That said, wouldn't I just love one as a project! :default_sailing:

• Like 1