Not Good

ChrisB

2 hours ago, Ray said:

It does seem an odd "venue" presumably someone thought it was out of the way enough to escape attention!

That's just what I thought - places like Horsey Gap seem favoured generally. Ludham does seem a quiet place as a rule although it can get a bit lively in the Kings Arms! (shut now of course) 

Bit more in the EDP 

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/crime/people-fined-after-rave-new-years-eve-ludham-6878904

• Like 1

As written in the report , it was a relatively small group of irresponsible ,one would presume , youngsters and was stopped at an early stage .

To me the real news is the vast majority of individuals that obeyed the current lock down rules and stayed in .

Not just in Norfolk but around the U.K. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

To me the real news is the vast majority of individuals that obeyed the current lock down rules and stayed in .

Agree completely. There’s so much focus on the negative without turning it round and reporting the positive. 

• Like 2

There were said by the EDP that there 60 people there - I have seen 4 times or more in my local Sainsburys, many couples when they ask you to shop on your own, and whole families when it would be easy for one parent to stay at home with the kids.

You just have to put these things in perspective before the usual people start ranting and raving - ooops perhaps thats not the right word!!!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, marshman said:

There were said by the EDP that there 60 people there - I have seen 4 times or more in my local Sainsburys,

That's not the point, this has got nothing to do with whether Sainsbury's are right or wrong. I'm pleased the "event" was dispersed quickly.

• Like 4

Like many I was worried that many would break the rules at New Years eve.It appears  thankfully  that most people didn't  and  stuck to staying at home.Regarding raves,this has been going  on for years.When we lived In Thamesmead,southeast London.Raves happened at least once or twice a  month. Now with social media, raves are easier to put on.I agree a big thankyou to the majority who stayed at home to see in 2021.

• Like 2

As always it's the negative that gets reported and we all jump on it (me very much included) but we are in the midst of a pandemic.

As for shopping alone, I understand that but it's not always easy, there are very few Grandparents that can take care of their Grandchildren because of this dreadful virus and single parents have no one else. Please try and remember that when you see children in the supermarkets and the like, don't judge too harshly on this one x

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You’re right Grace. You just never know someone else’s circumstances. It’s too easy to be judgmental without knowing. We try to keep focused on ourselves and our family. And we’re still using online shopping including weekly deliveries from Sainsbury’s or Morrison’s. We miss that joy of going round the shops, seeing what’s new and finding different things. But it’s for the best for now. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, SwanR said:

We miss that joy of going round the shops, seeing what’s new and finding different things. But it’s for the best for now. 

I feel you've hit the nail on the head there Jean. I won't begrudge a couple going into Tesco together. Chances are they live together so I doubt there's much of an increased risk. For some people that weekly trip to the shops is the only chance they get to be around other people. Humans are social creatures and the last 9 months have asked us all to do things that are entirely against our evolved human nature.

In the same hand, those that are flagrantly flouting the rules should be dealt with vigorously. They make a mockery of the vast majority of us who've made the sacrifices expected. I can understand the odd breach, people are thoroughly sick of it all now, but heading to a rave is just downright selfish. 

I was very please looking up and down my cul-de-sac on Thursday night to see lots of lights on but no big parties, even if there were a few people staggering around the streets by 9pm when I went to pick our takeaway up!

• Like 6

yet i was chatting with a friend who works at B&Q and he was saying that there were whole families with 3 kids who went in just to browse, handle the products, and left without making a purchase, just for something to do, because the types of shops they would have visited were all shut. hardly an essential shopping visit. ok they may have done it just to get out from the 4 walls at home i guess, but that doesnt make it the right thing to be doing, maybe outdoor exercise would have been preferable?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, grendel said:

yet i was chatting with a friend who works at B&Q and he was saying that there were whole families with 3 kids who went in just to browse

Interestingly we had a kitchen appointment at B&Q booked for tomorrow, which has now been moved to an online meeting. Certainly in the early lockdown (last March/April time) our local B&Q drew considerable fire for not restricting people from visiting.

2 hours ago, MaceSwinger said:

Interestingly we had a kitchen appointment at B&Q booked for tomorrow, which has now been moved to an online meeting.

Don't be remotely interested in signing on the dotted line, stay in control, watch the price drop! Threaten going to Wicks!

2 hours ago, grendel said:

yet i was chatting with a friend who works at B&Q and he was saying that there were whole families with 3 kids who went in just to browse, handle the products, and left without making a purchase, just for something to do, because the types of shops they would have visited were all shut. hardly an essential shopping visit. ok they may have done it just to get out from the 4 walls at home i guess, but that doesnt make it the right thing to be doing, maybe outdoor exercise would have been preferable?

The devil is in the detail. Non essential shops must close, essential shops are allowed to stay open, but it doesn't state you have to do essential shopping in them. Personally I'd browse online then do a click and collect. Gives you longer to go walking then.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Don't be remotely interested in signing on the dotted line, stay in control, watch the price drop! Threaten going to Wicks!

They'll not be fitting it! They're pricing cabinets only and we've already noted a lot of "extras" they've added without being told to, cheeky sods!

17 minutes ago, MaceSwinger said:

They'll not be fitting it! They're pricing cabinets only and we've already noted a lot of "extras" they've added without being told to, cheeky sods!

Most home-improvement sales people are on some form of commission, even if they tell you that they are not! Add-ons are more dosh!

4 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

A very large bargepole is recommended. Trade use Howdens. I have fitted Howdens kitchen units in my places for years.

It is worth getting a designer to produce a few ideas then get fitters to quote to supply and fit.

Exactly what we did in our last house.... the fitter though was my brother who was a carpenter by trade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psychicsurveyor said:

A very large bargepole is recommended. Trade use Howdens. I have fitted Howdens kitchen units in my places for years.

It is worth getting a designer to produce a few ideas then get fitters to quote to supply and fit.

Another vote for Howdens. We went for an independant fitter who we just happened to know, then a tiler to finish. More expensive but very happy with the result.

• Like 1