Call Me A Coward But...

Cheesey69

How Hill to the Bridge fill me with dread!

As a newish owner and a long time hirer that section is deadly. 
leaving the bridge approach aside, it’s the only place I instruct the crew to repel boarders. 
Stopped at how Hill to walk the dog and a cream custard or two, met and admired a wooden craft and then proceeded to get hit by others on a regular basis. 
It got so bad The Enemy instructed me never to grace the moorings again. 
Im not the only one am I? 

It can be a bit dodgy at times around there but mainly the speeds are low so as not to to too much damage. Now getting hit full on at Stokesby at full speed with the tide behind them which nearly put our boat on the bank has put us off mooring there for life.

John

• Like 2

One bit I didnt like was on the Chet at the time they did all the banks and put those horrible iron posts in. It was the section just a short way in from the main river. It was a chicane that extended for several hundred yards. The channel was very narrow and the sharp bends were really only enough for one boat. I must admit to giving it some throttle and hoping nothing was coming the other way! It's much better now though. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

One bit I didnt like was on the Chet at the time they did all the banks and put those horrible iron posts in. It was the section just a short way in from the main river. It was a chicane that extended for several hundred yards. The channel was very narrow and the sharp bends were really only enough for one boat. I must admit to giving it some throttle and hoping nothing was coming the other way! It's much better now though. 

I still don't love navigating it, especially in anything with a bit of length. I love Loddon though, so it's worth it.

• Like 3