Okay, The All Clear Siren Has Sounded

ZimbiIV

As the title says.

The all clear siren has sounded.

The old normal, amended, is back.

What is the first thing you are going to?

Mine is not the pub but to go in any shop without a mask and get in the way of everybody!

Then I am going to drive aimlessly somewhere 'cos I can.

That dot of light in the future is bringing hope, hopefully bringing more togetherness, more vitality and serenity to all our lives.

paul

• Like 3

I'll be going back to licking lamp posts and French kissing total strangers.

In all seriousness, for as much thought as I've given it, I'll just settle for being able to go out without saying "balls, where's my mask?" and being able to take the missus to Cadbury World.

Not to mention actually being able to get into my tattooist to have my sleeve finished. I'd had a day and a half of work done when lockdown 1 hit and still have another day left to go!

First job will be get to Norfolk ASAP and check the boats over! I have no doubt that the boatyards would notice and tell us if something big went wrong but it's the smaller unseen stuff, that can cause major damage, that worries me.

After that a nice big family get together and catch up sounds pretty good to me :)

• Like 3

I think it is up to us, really.

I am not saying I am against any of these new laws at the moment but they are still supposed to be "temporary" restrictions.

It is up to the Nation, with one voice when the time comes, to ensure that "health and safety" doesn't turn them into tablets of stone.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Being able to hug family and friends again rather than talking to them from a safe distance, being able to drive to other places other than Morrisons or Screwfix.

I agree with you Alan about being able to give my sons a big hug and also with me I am looking forward to actually going to a supermarket once more when it is safe to do so.  Never thought I would ever look forward to going to Morrisons and Tescos and actually being able to choose what I want rather than it being delivered, but say that I am eternally grateful to my delivery drivers,  what would we do without them.      

• Like 6

Life to get back to normal for my children. To be able to play with friends and go to school, things I took for granted growing up. To not be terrified of people getting too close for comfort in the supermarket. To have comfort knowing my family, friends and loved ones are safe

Oh and one more thing, to browse the shoe section in Next :default_biggrin: x

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

The first thing I'd do is go up the road to my daughter's house and give her a big hug for birthday and Christmas we missed, and then turned to my three grandchildren more hugs and kisses, I think that will do me for the day, up early the next morning and straight to the boat not to take it out but to give it a bloody good clean run the engine up tests the heating and stay on board overnight that I do miss and cook myself a nice meal washed down with a bottle of wine no need for a pub.

• Like 2

My first priority will be to organise a memorial service for my Dad,who died at the beginning of the first lockdown. (Not from COVID). And to get back to the UK for the service and to see family and friends, none of whom I have seen in nearly a year. (I was last in the UK last february).

• Like 3

I wonder whether my long planned and anticipated retirement will ever really get back on track. Everything was going according to 'the dream' and life was good.

So much has changed, life has had to carry on during the lockdowns and restrictions, perhaps there is no going back.

I should add that January is most definitely my "glass half empty" month 😐

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ray said:

I should add that January is most definitely my "glass half empty" month 😐

I don't like Januarys either.  The descent into darkest Winter seems to go easily (Christmas etc) but the long uphill haul out is terrible.  I say that by mid-February things (light-wise) get better but end-February / early March can still be damned cold around our way.  (Dreams of 2012-  end February / early March - when my wife & I had first vacation without the children.  We flew to Teneriffe & whilst on a guided hike through the caldera my wife's phone rang - "how do you cook noodles?".  We did get to the top of Teide being very fortunate with the weather.)

• Like 3

This week we were supposed to be in Scotland visiting my daughter and granddaughter. We were lucky that they were able to visit in September but i miss them terribly and worried my granddaughter wont know who I am or just think Im “grandma on the phone”.  She is 19 months.  Either us going up there or them coming to us will be priority. 

Seeing my parents and giving them a hug. We will be celebrating Christmas whatever month we can 

Going to the boat and hope she’s not in a terrible state.  A lot time, money, blood , sweat and tears has gone into that boat and I dread to think what state she will be in inside. We've done all we can to prevent mould but there is other stuff Id like to have done, thinking we were going up for Christmas but then couldn’t. I suspect Ill be binning cushions and stuff. 

Ultimately, Im just looking forward to not feeling so anxious and claustrophobic all the time. 

• Like 4

We will probably give out the loudest cheer and clap to celebrate it’s over... Then burst into tears when I hug my mum and dad and my twin boys ...

Then off to the Pub .... And Stand at the bar and order a pint 🍺... Then get absolutely drunk by giving our love ones and friends a proper send off who we have lost over the Pandemic .. 

Then off to Broads to enjoy a nice relaxing holiday on the boat... 

Stay safe everyone 🙏

• Like 5

Me:- All the normal stuff mentioned by previous comments especially sorting out 'B.A'

Plus, in no particular order:-

Shooting - I have to face the inevitable that this seasons game shooting has now been lost bearing in mind it comes to a close Jan 31st , managed just two days out in the field since beginning of October.

Clay shooting, both locally and some team away days - I have missed the team shoot away days especially

Mighty Tiger riding

Really wanting to get back up to Jockland to visit MrsG's family and friends

Having relatives visit us from Germany.  Christmas just gone there should have been fourteen round our table - There was just the two of us plus Purdey dog - Who was under the table not sat at it!

Spitfire flight on battle of Britain day

Visiting a home game to Donny Rovers, i can see that being another sell out, ticket only

Visiting friends or have them come to us or meet onboard 'B.A' I doubt we'll fit all of them in over what'll be left of the year

Renewing my season ticket at the local lap dancing club (If I knew we have one)

Sunday night Drinkers club at the Harvey Arms, Finningley

To name but a few

Griff

• Like 3