1950's Broad's Holidy

PaulN

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

What's more isn't that little un similar to Dougs  Nipper?

Griff

Sure is, they both appear to be Belmores according to Craigs Database. If I have read the number off the transom correctly that is..........

.......the pic is back to front!:default_biggrin:

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

The last photo can you see what is glaringly un-seamanship like?

When doubling up on side moorings the accepted rule is that a big un should never be outboard of a little un.  Not only have we got boats four abreast (Try getting away with this nowadays) there are three big uns outboard of a little un!

What's more isn't that little un similar to Dougs  Nipper?

Griff

if you mirror the picture you can read the registration number A217 which indicates Sally May a Belmore class owned by maycraft, which as you correctly note is the same class that Nipper belongs to.

• Like 1

On 16/01/2021 at 12:22, BroadAmbition said:

Shining Light B71

Me and mum about 1965

Our Candie dog

Grandma, Mum, Me

For abreast at GYA, our crew on shining Light second out from quay

Griff

BA NBN 175.JPG

BA NBN 178.JPG

BA NBN 182.JPG

BA NBN 184.JPG

It really is about time you dug that box of photos out from your attic and did them justice on here Griff.  Go on, you know you want to...

• Like 1

First point, TVMOM to Grendel for displaying the image correctly

Second point:- It really is about time you dug that box of photos out from your attic and did them justice on here Griff.  Go on, you know you want to...

Oh you are so correct.  I have literally thousands of images both on photo paper and slides not to mention the cine films but there is a couple of issues here

1)  Work - I promised mysen last year that I would no longer book in my work diary work on Saturdays and go down to a five day week.  Now that MrsG is home and working / contributing albeit part time, there is no need for me to be working 6+ days per week.  Today being Sunday I have just completed another seven day week through no fault of my own but am confident this  common-to me situation will improve.  However currently booked up solid through to second week in April

2)  All our photo's  / slides / cine films and the important historical archive stuff from my Mum / Dad / Grandparents etc are up in our loft, normally not an issue BUT, MrsG's Mum died Dec 2019.  After clearing her Mums house out up in Jockland, more than a GriffTile van full arrived at our hovel and got stuffed un in our loft with the intention of sorting the lot out once MrsG's brother and his family came over from  Germany for Christmas 2020.  Covid stopped those plans.  Consequently our loft is rammed full. 

Not only is this situation stopping me sort out historical Broads stuff it is also hampering many items / records from my RN days that friends are pestering me for too

It is just is what it is I'm afraid.  Carol from Broadland memories would no doubt love those cine films donated after converting them over to digital. she is aware I have them and is promised first Dibs

Even whilst in this latest lockdown, my life seems to be so busy, the weeks fly by like there is only four days in a week

Griff