Road Works 2021

TheQ

Just a reminder Wroxham / Hoveton bridge closes for overnight works from 18:30 tonight till 06:00 tomorrow and the next three nights.

There was a preparatory team removing  yellow lines this morning, and there are signs in position from the mini roundabouts in Hoveton all the Way to the NDR. The official Diversion for vehicles under 12ft 6inches high is back to the NDR then up to Cotishall.  For big vehicles, it will be via the NDR and  Acle..

I can just imagine a big artic arriving at the bridge from Norwich.. and having to reverse back to turn round.. 

You can guarantee some car drivers will turn up at the bridge.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Road works on the A149 just the Stalham side of Wayford Bridge have gone..

HOWEVER.. the signs have just moved to Stepping Stone lane, which is first left off the A149 after Wayford towards Stalham. Stepping stone Lane is to be closed for 5 days from the 15th of March...

• Thanks 1

Along with Steeping stone lane being closed there are now lights about 50 yards further towards Stalham on the A149 another hole just off the road.

Also a hole in the road in Wroxham more traffic lights just up the slope from The Vets..

• Thanks 2

The Road works up hill from the Wroxham Vets have cleared.

In the Big Bad city, Norwich road Sprowston's road works are backing traffic onto the Brickmakers roundabout causing chaos..

There is also roadworks between BQ and Asda causing jams up to and on 5 ways and the other way onto the junction above Asda..

• Thanks 1

Stepping stone lane is now open but the road outside Tescos warehouse entrance in Stalham has traffic lights causing absolute chaos.. Especially when they have an artic to bring in..

I note they are razing the level of the car park for Faircraft Lyones, by about a foot, I wonder if that'll stop the floods of the main road there or turn it into a pond..

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

All the road works I've previously mentioned are cleared. 

However there is a new set in Sprowston on Wroxham road, about half way between the roundabouts..

I note for those that travel north , the Lincoln Bypass is open. Built like the NDR with a roundabout at almost every junction, it goes round the east of the city joining the old northern Bypass..

It will certainly help me heading north as an alternative to the very busy section of the A1 from Newark to Pontefract.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheQ said:

Lincoln Bypass is open

Bypass might be open Q, but every road joining it this morning was choked with road works, temporary traffic lights, temporary speed restrictions and random groups of men looking into holes.

On 16/04/2021 at 14:29, Timbo said:

Bypass might be open Q, but every road joining it this morning was choked with road works, temporary traffic lights, temporary speed restrictions and random groups of men looking into holes.

Sounds like Norfolk...

A new set of roadworks outside the Wayford bridge hotel.. traffic lights as usual.

There's a new set of temporary barriers being put up by Tesco's Staham for the retirement home I suspect more traffic lights soon...

thats been happening for years, 20 years ago I could get to my parents house from home under the speed limit in 20 minutes (15 miles) now i am lucky if i can do it in 30, the main A road seems to slow to 40 or 30 past every single house (even for houses set way back from the road itself, wheres it use d to be a 60mph road almost the whole stretch, now there are two sections left (about 2 miles total) at national limit (60) and you are under 50mph for the first 5 miles out of each town.

1 hour ago, grendel said:

thats been happening for years, 20 years ago I could get to my parents house from home under the speed limit in 20 minutes (15 miles) now i am lucky if i can do it in 30, the main A road seems to slow to 40 or 30 past every single house (even for houses set way back from the road itself, wheres it use d to be a 60mph road almost the whole stretch, now there are two sections left (about 2 miles total) at national limit (60) and you are under 50mph for the first 5 miles out of each town.

I think the main aim of lowering speed limits is to encourage motorists to move onto the main arteries where they can. 

tricky when its a 50 mile journey if i want to use the motorways, and would then take me an hour. it does strike me that councils are all over smog and exhaust pollution, yet they change the speed limits to slow traffic to speeds where the emissions are worse.

• Like 1

In a spectacular piece of idiocy, Norfolk county council have allowed two sets of road works, one in Wroxham just up hill of the Faircraft Loynes Car park, the other in Hoveton between the mini roundabouts and the doctors surgery.

The tail backs from each are feeding back into each other, so there  is a line of cars stuck in the roadworks, when the go green for the cars going the other way..

I really , really, recommend Avoiding Wroxham and Hoveton  for the next few days .

Meanwhile it's gravel season, all sorts of roads I've seen  from in Norwich out to Catfield have been hit by 20mph signs and layers of windscreen breaking gravel ,loosely put on tar.. be careful out there folks..

• Thanks 2

Trying to get to a job at Sutton was fun yesterday morning with temp lights at Wroxham and Hoveton added also with a low loader with35ft cruiser trying to get out of the boatyard then 2 fire engines, ambulances and I think Hemsby lifeboat all in the car park at the boat yard (didn’t find out what was going on)

John 

1 hour ago, Jbx5 said:

Trying to get to a job at Sutton was fun yesterday morning with temp lights at Wroxham and Hoveton added also with a low loader with35ft cruiser trying to get out of the boatyard then 2 fire engines, ambulances and I think Hemsby lifeboat all in the car park at the boat yard (didn’t find out what was going on)

John 

I saw the "Load exceptionnel" Vans Parked in a layby just north of Hoveton a couple of days ago, I think they must have slept in their vans...

A gentleman had a seizure on board a boat in Wroxham..  or later a lady broke leg on a house boat at Wayford bridge.. That's what's been reported By Coast guard Broads Call outs..

• Like 1