What Is Your Bestest App.

• grendel changed the title to What Is Your Bestest App.

My bestest App is the one that allows me to turn my heating on/up/down/off from the comfort of wherever I am at the time. Mine is from Heatmiser, a cheaper more simple version of the Hive ones you may have seen on the telly.

My second bestest is a GPS speedo one that allows me to know exactly how fast my old van is going.......usually 5mph slower than the actual speedo says.

2 hours ago, WherryNice said:

My bestest App is the one that allows me to turn my heating on/up/down/off from the comfort of wherever I am at the time. Mine is from Heatmiser, a cheaper more simple version of the Hive ones you may have seen on the telly.

Mine is by far Ewelink which is an even cheaper version, and probably says a lot about my good self! Controls the dehumidifier and bilge heaters on the boat. Saves me more in a month than I paid for the whole set up. Also, I can have look around with the camera but that's just depressing at the moment! :default_sailing:

• Like 1

My apps fall into three categories. Archaeology, filmmaking and woodwork.

Archaeology
My bestest app is a map app connected to the small finds registers nationwide. It can pull up details of archaeological finds along with the map reference of each find. Invaluable when I'm out in the field and need to check a find against the existing register or look at find distribution.

Joint second bestest apps are the LIDAR apps. One allows me access to my own more detailed LIDAR renders and the second is Bevel which allows me to scan an object in 3D.

Third bestest app is the OS Maps app, which does exactly what is says on the tin but also allows me to take accurate measurements and plot them.

Woodwork
Measure is an app I also use in archaeology settings but is dab handy in the shed too.

The Woodshop Widget has handy conversion calculators as well as board length and wood species data bases.

Filmmaking

I have a whole raft of YouTube apps to keep track of the various channels that I operate. From metrics on channel performance to advertising and monetization packages.

Filmora Go and Adobe Premiere Rush are essential tools.

There is,  not so much an app as a 'function', I find invaluable. The OFF button located on the side of my phone! 

• Like 2

Navmii.. A free navigator programme that covers the UK roads (and for a very small fee Europes as well) it also displays your speed and ETA at your average speed so far on the journey. if you use it on a phone then you get road traffic reports / indications as well.

Viewranger. OS mapping on phone or tablet.

Pedometer. Step counter, distance walked etc. A very useful indication of activity during bad weather lockdown. Makes you get up and start moving.