Broadland Futures Initiative

NeilB

I tried the search but could not find any reference to the above which is regarding flood risk management ?  I've not had a good look yet as I'm at work but I will later and thought some of you would be interested.

https://broadlandfuturesinitiative.virtualeventspace.io/

There's also a survey, again I've not looked yet - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BFISurvey2021

When I see that a survey originates from the Broads Authority then I immediately look for the catch or catches. For a kick-off they famously ignore the results of surveys and consultations. Secondly flooding is the responsibility of the Environment Agency, especially as the causes and effects go way outside and beyond the Broads Authority's executive area as well as their core responsibilities.  Empire building on a grand scale? Yet another vanity project? The Authority should stick to the requirements of the Broads Act and it's legislative boundaries. Let the Environment Agency do their job and then the Authority can get on with theirs.

• Like 3

Certainly not ideal that its hosted by BA but there needs to be some way of pulling the various Authorities together especially as Norfolk County Council (as lead Authority on Flooding)  agreed three additional Officers last week. With the EA, Counties, Districts and Land Drainage Boards as well as Anglian Water all having a part to play it is a way to stop the buck passing 

1 hour ago, NeilB said:

For some reason the website is unnecessarily complicated but there is a FAQ section which gives some answers as to who is involved - https://broadlandfuturesinitiative.virtualeventspace.io/files/Broadland Futures Initiative FAQ.pdf

Had a look, doesn't change my opinion one iota. The Authority has a job to do and should stick to it, in my honest opinion of course. 

Guest Jayfire
51 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Thank you, Tim, for making that clear. That is how it should be. I note your above www address.

Maybe you should note his name too :default_norty: