Top Craft Dual Steer

Roy

10 minutes ago, Roy said:

Am I right in thinking the dual steer craft so popular now a days on the broads are not that new if I remember top craft of Oulton broad converted a Caribbean to dual steer with a sun deck ? 

Can anybody remember these ? 

http://www.broads.org.uk/wiki2018/index.php?title=Style_Details&style=Carb-D

Looks a bit ‘Heath Robinson’ to me.

In most respects little different to a central cockpit set-up without the collapsible roof and sides. With the then new Morse Steering it was relatively simple to install the internal, forward steering wheel. It was modern stylish and practical. darn site easier than lowering all the cockpit gubbins. Back in time people liked fresh air, the first thing off after boarding was the cockpit cover!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Back in time people liked fresh air, the first thing off after boarding was the cockpit cover!

My first solo trip back in 2015 was on Brinks Sonata, over Easter. It was cold and fairly wet at times, but that canopy still came down first thing every morning!

• Like 1