Art Of The Broads

JennyMorgan

45 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Appears to be Broads One Designs (AKA the Brown Boats) at Oulton?

Certainly although the synthetic ones tend to be white, with a few exceptions plus there is one white biodegradable BOD.

I had considered having a pink one built and calling her Odd BOD but regretfully class rules insist that boats be called after waterfowl. 

25 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

Yes it is at Oulton with a bit of artistic licence.

Like Nick being at the back of the fleet and the sun being in the North at midday, subject to the position of the club house? Still, a good souvenir of both your parents and the artist. Could down a few pints, what with one leg being hollow!

On 15/03/2021 at 13:50, JanetAnne said:

Yes it is at Oulton with a bit of artistic licence. 

In no 18 are my parents, no 10 is Peter Wigg and no 16 would be, and still is, Nick Truman. I can't remember who had no 19 at the time....

Had the pleasure of meeting Peter Wigg at Oulton week, a real character who honed in on the fact that I and company were obviously from Hickling, (it was indeed written on co’s transom so the game was probably given away). I reflected afterwards that he may have been related to my eldest aunts first husband, also a Wigg schooled in Suffolk, hence the Hickling interest. Will never know for sure but would be a happy coincidence.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi Jenny

From the forum it looks as though you have a lot of knowledge of norfolk broads artists. I wonder if you recognise this artist, the painting is off a broads view with broads cruisers, painted in 1991, with great detail and colour, oil on board i believe, initials SRA 1991  in bottom righthand corner i have been trying to search the net, with no luck. 
kind regards debbie 

13 hours ago, Hattie said:

Hi Jenny

From the forum it looks as though you have a lot of knowledge of norfolk broads artists. I wonder if you recognise this artist, the painting is off a broads view with broads cruisers, painted in 1991, with great detail and colour, oil on board i believe, initials SRA 1991  in bottom righthand corner i have been trying to search the net, with no luck. 
kind regards debbie 

There wasn't a photo of the picture?

• Like 1