Holidays

Andrewcook

1 hour ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Good luck trying to book much in the way of staycation. My daughter in law struggled last week to book something in the New Forest for August this year.

I have a booking for F1 in Hungary end of July, I am not confident about getting away.

Having paid for my boat the past year, with limited use, I suspect it may be used a lot this year.

If I feel safe enough to let my holiday cottages this year, I could make a killing :-) Big IF. 

Luckily, I have a boat and a motorhome, so no need to book anything for me. All I need is a safe opportunity to get the hell out of dodge. 

• Like 3

Hoseasons Covid booking conditions:

You will be able to choose any one of the following three options if we or the accommodation provider cancel your booking, or if you cancel your booking because UK government public health measures mean that it is unlawful to travel to or make use of the accommodation you booked:

✓ Full refund

We will refund you the full amount you have paid for your booking.

✓ Transfer to a later date or a different resort or accommodation

Subject to availability, we will help you move your booking to a later date or even a new location or accommodation with no admin fees, but please be aware that if the cost of your new accommodation is higher than your original booking, then you’ll need to pay the difference.

✓ Choose an e-voucher to rebook your holiday online

You can request an e-voucher for the amount you have previously paid for your booking. You can then use it to book a new holiday online or towards another existing booking, without having to call us. Vouchers issued are valid until 31st March 2021 and can be used on holidays departing before 31st December 2021. 

• Like 1

The first booking I have for 'B.A' is early march leading up to the closed fishing season - I'm far from confident of actually being allowed to be onboard

Second booking is just before Mid April - not overly confident about that one either

Mid July with the D88 crew - Fingers crossed

I have 'B.A' booked for about 3 x weeks early August onwards - Am I confident of actually getting that one in? - No, but I am very hopeful.  This then will be our main holiday - Good

Me n MrsG have both agreed that we won't be booking any foreign holidays for this year.  Even if the majority of the UK population has been vaccinated for the summer, the rest of Europe is way behind us here.  Who would want to risk travelling to foreign lands when they haven't had the majority vaccinated and would your health insurance cover you if the worst happened? - Methinks not

Griff

• Like 7

I am fortunate having our own static caravan that we can get to once restrictions lift enough to allow overnight stays, whenever that might be. If our planned few days afloat has to be cancelled then we aren't going to book anything else. Once we can move around we have family that will be our priority to visit in other parts of the country. We can turn those into short breaks away. And then hope to get a couple of dayboats at some point during the year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Indeed! An extensive riparian gaff!! Venue for a meet up maybe? :default_norty: :default_biggrin:

Regretfully my moorings are small, ideal for my purposes but impractical for more than two boats. However, if people are happy to mudweight then we could run a ferry service. Better taking over the Yacht Station!

• Like 1

Our holiday to the Thames with Le Boat at Easter is going to be cancelled. We just need to wait 4 weeks prior to the arrival date before we can get a full refund for the holiday. This will be the third time this holiday has been cancelled and rebooked now so we are taking the money this time. We are going to spend the money on a new shed and a new TV instead. Things we will definitely get some use out of this year.

With our boat also being sold (hopefully) it will be an odd year for us as we won't have the usual option of just nipping to the boat for the weekend (when restrictions allowed). We will be spending an awful lot more time at home this year than normal.

We are looking to get a motorhome this year but we certainly won't rush into the purchase and will wait for the right one to crop up. As with boats the sales yards are pretty bare at the moment.

We don't want to book any holidays just yet because we don't know when or if we will get the motorhome!

A bit of a catch 22 for us this year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

Regretfully my moorings are small, ideal for my purposes but impractical for more than two boats. However, if people are happy to mudweight then we could run a ferry service. Better taking over the Yacht Station!

Yippee! One for Polly Anna and Co :default_biggrin:

We could all pile in the B***h in the Ditch too (if it hasn't closed by then) :default_norty:

:default_beerchug:

4 hours ago, FreedomBoatingHols said:

Meetup? Sounds like a Festival location. We need a headline act.

3 hours ago, chameleon said:

how about maurice (mynah) dancing?

I don't know which frightens me more,

Mike (Chameleon) suggesting it, or Andy (Freedomboatinghols) liking the suggestion!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hylander said:

I did ring the Council yesterday afternoon.  Spoke to a nice young lady who explained what was happening.   

If anyone else lives this way:-

https://www.eastsuffolk.gov.uk/news/refuse-collections-cancelled/

round here i looked at the website ans the only information was -

Bin collections suspended

Bin collections won't take place today (Thursday 11 February) because of icy conditions. We'll review the situation daily.

they dont even say if they will be collected sometime or what to do with additional rubbish when they do collect, with fortnightly collections this could mean an extra bins worth in two weeks.

20 minutes ago, grendel said:

round here i looked at the website ans the only information was -

they dont even say if they will be collected sometime or what to do with additional rubbish when they do collect, with fortnightly collections this could mean an extra bins worth in two weeks.

Another rubbish thread drift!! 😁. I should refuse to be drawn in!

• Haha 1