Some more 'new' faces

Dan

Hi Everyone

Good to see the trend for boats being brought over from other waterways for the hirefleets has continued for this season.

Silverline have a nice looking ex Irish Broom 29 sedan and an ex France 29' dual steer.

Le Boat, after selling a fair number of their ex Irish Broom 29 sedan's last year seem to be replacing those vacant mooring spaces with some Porter & Haylett C45's (and C40's?) from France to fit into their Admiral & Emperor classes. I think these are my favourite -the smartest looking Porter & Haylett's and great Broads boats I think.

Richardsons have some more too - some Alpha 35' "Viscount's" that have come from France and had lots of work, some 35' ex France dual steers - though I haven't seen any of them finished, but they looked to be getting lots of attention and improvements last time I was there.

Ferry Marina have an ex C40 as well, though this looks to already be up for sale/sold on NYA.

I enjoy the changes this sort of stuff brings, and with a reasonable number of new designs and new builds cropping up at Brinks, Ferry, Richardsons, 'Woods and anywhere else I've missed it seems like more exciting times

cheersbar

Dan

post-93-136713815447_thumb.jpg

post-93-13671381546_thumb.jpg

post-93-136713815472_thumb.jpg

those P & H 40 & 45 are stunning not bad the one that was on the NYA site was rather tasty those broom 29s i think there ok but could do with a couple moor feet extended in the well

Jonny

those P & H 40 & 45 are stunning not bad the one that was on the NYA site was rather tasty those broom 29s i think there ok but could do with a couple moor feet extended in the well

Jonny

Not a bad well size for a two berth Jonny I thought.

Looks enough room for two people to sit out and enjoy a G&T during those summer evenings I think, though I can confirm after my summer holiday if you like :naughty:

Dan

post-93-136713816059_thumb.jpg

That cockpit is how a cockpit should be Dan, enough room for relaxing and even a bit of angling for those that like it. Nice safe access through the transom gate which also looks just the job for a (relatively) easy MOB recovery, especially if they have a swim ladder. Good design all round from my view, apart from maybe those guard rails could do with being outboard. :grin:

Dan

looking at that stern shot there does seam to be plenty of room for two but i still would like a bigger well but then again im a big chap :naughty::naughty:

Jonny

Like Dan I'm also hiring a Broom 29 (Le Boat's 'Capri') on the Thames starting towards the end of the month. Looks a very comfy boat, even if the cockpit is too enclosed for my taste, but that's just a personal preference. I'm also pleased to see the extra boat choices. There's even the extra odd one or two on the South Broads now, with the Silverline arrivals plus additions in the last 12 months for Pacific, Topcraft and Alpha.

• 1 month later...

Hurrah!!! We hired the identical boat fron Leboat the last time we were in Italy and said at the time how much we wished she was available on the Broads. We're a bit short of money at the moment (just paid the balance of our Corfu holiday in August) but will probably try to book her for next year if she's still available later on.

Now, if only someone can arrange for some Italian style weather in October 2012.

Didn't the Broom 29 mould go on to become the Haines 290 and also a couple of other boats too when the moulding was sold on? Yes I agree with David, is pretty much a propper boat - did the design (for Broom) not spring from the Hardy stable originally also?? There is far too much in-breeding boat wise down Norfolk way!! :grin:

I think the broom was built by Westwood as well as some which were fitted out in Ireland when they went a bit mad over there. of the six we bought 4 were Broom and the other 2 were Irish fit out, there is little difference in quality between them as they have an internal moulding

the Astral gem is a very spacious boat internally as the decks are narrow, they were built like this as it was thought that access front to back would be acheived internally, sorry about the pics, I took them last week, you may notice nobody is driving! the photographer is set to come and do the photos but he arrived last week to do Broadsman but could not get on as there were too many people coming and going!

We now have two ex France boats in at Acle as Tropic Horizons and another Maderia and an Opal Gem at Stalham, these are all Traditional 1135 models originally built in Wroxham, also on friday we sent out another Challenger and the other Viscount for their first hires :) these were both complete refits bought from France last winter..

...Tropic Horizons and another Maderia and an Opal Gem at Stalham, these are all Traditional 1135 models originally built in Wroxham, also on friday we sent out another Challenger and the other Viscount for their first hires :) these were both complete refits bought from France last winter..

Hi Clive

Are any of the ex Porter & Haylett/Traditional types being spoilt with 240v?

Also, do Le Boat not have another ten Ideal 45's hidden somewhere that you might be able to give another quick ( :naughty: ) spruce up, as I rather like those!

Dan

Also, do Le Boat not have another ten Ideal 45's hidden somewhere that you might be able to give another quick ( :naughty: ) spruce up, as I rather like those!

same here Dan the photos on the website look rather nice but ive always liked the ideal... i wounder what one would look like without the fixed roof & have a canopy fitted instead :grin::grin: other than the fact it would cost for a canopy

Jonny

Keep your eye on the Wroxham webcam Jonny, and one day you might get to see :naughty:

PMSL i hope not would rune a lush cruiser hitting the bridge

Jonny

[

Hi Clive

Are any of the ex Porter & Haylett/Traditional types being spoilt with 240v?

!

Dan

Hi Dan,

Prelude (1275) has 240 v and Clarion (Hapenny) has but she is not in te fleet as of yet..

hi clive, am i right in thinking you use to have an old wooden boat called clarion ? and is it the case that once you (or any yard/private owner) register that name on the broads you own the rights to that name, and do you have to pay a fee to own the name, id love to see some of the old names come back into fleets, astral gem looks great very tempting ;)

Hi Andy,

Clarion is one of our old names and so is Astral gem but it is not as old.!

I think on the Thames you have to have a dedicated name even if it has a number after it but on the broads there are a few boats with the same name so it is really the reistration number which is important.

looking at the boats we have introduced in the last two years there is Escapade, Tideway, Broadsman, Prelude, Eastern Gem, Dominica as well as the two already mentioned, I think it is best to leave it a few years before re introducing a name as there can be confusion with old customers and sometimes a reason that the boat was disposed of ;)

Hi Simon,

Astral gem is a fairly high boat but with the modifications we have made to the steering console up top we have her down to about 8 - 8.5 feet but we have not measured her properly as yet.

The bargain prices are to get these 'new' models moving, they may go up next year but if you book before october for next year they will be at this years prices :party2:

• 3 weeks later...