Some more 'new' faces

Dan

Spot on, there. As the party is made up of one couple and two singles (one of the singles being to tall to actually fit in a single bed comfortably) we need three cabins, preferably all doubles so the current front runner is Star Time from DRL Marine.

Ahh... got ya.

Well, there's nothing else for it, Clive will have to buy some more boats from France or somewhere with three fixed double cabins to meet demand. :naughty:

We often look for a similar requirement and choice is a bit limited. I think Supreme was the best value that fit this criteria that we've ever hired, but that is a single level which has its drawbacks/differences to the style you've settled on

cheers

Dan

Ahh... got ya.

Well, there's nothing else for it, Clive will have to buy some more boats from France or somewhere with three fixed double cabins to meet demand. :naughty:

We often look for a similar requirement and choice is a bit limited. I think Supreme was the best value that fit this criteria that we've ever hired, but that is a single level which has its drawbacks/differences to the style you've settled on

cheers

Dan

Exactly, don't get me wrong my first ever broads holiday at the grand old age of 5 was onboard a Single level, but from then onwards it was mid wheel house jobs all the way. Although I will happily admit I've never piloted one like Supreme before, style wise (and I'm sure she's lovely) she just doesn't tick the boxes for me, even if it does do away with a lot of the bridge clearance worries etc.

• 3 years later...

Astral gem is a fairly high boat but with the modifications we have made to the steering console up top we have her down to about 8 - 8.5 feet but we have not measured her properly as yet.

Hi Clive

Did you ever get around to measuring the air draft on Astral Gem and Clarion? I know Barnes Brinkcraft have their Porter & Haylett 900 FB class marked on the dash as 7ft 10in, with no modification to the flying bridge.

Thanks

Pete