Most Of The Oldies Have Had The Jab Now.

Chelsea14Ian

Well of course it depends on supply, but they seem confident they can do it,fingers crossed, we also have another vaccine coming online next month. I think I'm right in saying the production facility is in Hull and the NHS is lead customer so hopefully that will help. 

30 minutes ago, andyg said:

we also have another vaccine coming online next month

That’s a good point. Hopefully that one will then be able to be used for the first and second jab for younger folk who’ve not been called up yet. 

Sorry if this is boring, my wife just txt me to say they have 987 ppl booked in for their jab today. The numbers are going up weekly and the teams have really become super efficient at processing ppl through the hub. One thing to note, they get around 20 to 30 no shows each day which I find a bit bizzare. So come 3pm frantic phone calls go out to GP surgery's to find replacements, they have even taken ppl off the Street somedays in an attempt not to waste a single dose. All power to the thousands of NHS Staff, military personal and of course the wonderful volunteers across the UK that are working so hard to make this happen. 

• Like 10

It's getting silly around here.

Just had a call from my niece asking if I could get hold of my stepdaughter 'cos she hadn't got her new number.

To tell her to get here now vaccine centre NOW, D is 49years 363 days old!

They had spare capacity because 10 people had not turned up and her husband had just had his jab 1 hour earlier.

Where my niece is a marshal, they are prepared to stop cars towards the end of the day rather than risk wasting a dose!

Good for them.

paul

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZimbiIV said:

It's getting silly around here.

Just had a call from my niece asking if I could get hold of my stepdaughter 'cos she hadn't got her new number.

To tell her to get here now vaccine centre NOW, D is 49years 363 days old!

They had spare capacity because 10 people had not turned up and her husband had just had his jab 1 hour earlier.

Where my niece is a marshal, they are prepared to stop cars towards the end of the day rather than risk wasting a dose!

Good for them.

paul

My wife's hub have had 42 no shows today, 30 substitutes found by local GP. They are now out in the town Square trying to find 12 candidates. 

51 minutes ago, andyg said:

My wife's hub have had 42 no shows today, 30 substitutes found by local GP. They are now out in the town Square trying to find 12 candidates. 

Presumably these are all people that took the time to make an appointment for themselves and then either forgot or decided they didn’t want the jab after all. Very sad that - and selfish. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vanessan said:

Presumably these are all people that took the time to make an appointment for themselves and then either forgot or decided they didn’t want the jab after all. Very sad that - and selfish. 

Indeed, all very frustrating but sadly all to predictable as they now move into the younger age groups. No vaccine was wasted which is a bonus. It still ended up being a record day in terms of ppl vaccinated. They are set for another record breaking day today. 👍

Yes very impressive. I’ve been sick of hearing the put downs of this country over the last few years, we don’t do this and that as good as Germany etc. Even my brother who lives Spain regularly saying the NHS in Spain is much better than the Uk. (Never did believe him). So thanks to all involved you have made us proud😀 

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boris Johnson said a deal had been agreed with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) to bottle 60 million doses at its facility in Barnard Castle, County Durham.

So that is what cummings (and goings) was up to all along..... :default_biggrin:

I see this (Novavax) was originally meant to be bottled in EU but now happening on home shores, let's hope it gets approval.

I'm 38 with no health conditions so I'll be one of the very last to be called on, I'll just continue to wait patiently while the rest of the country can start to live their lives again and travel :default_norty: I am very grateful for my youth and health though don't get me wrong and this country has by far excelled in achieving what it has so far :default_icon_clap: 

I've been working from home now for just over a year, my company are starting to make noise about the possibility of people going back in to the office. Surely they can not enforce anybody to spend any significant time in close proximity to others if they haven't been vaccinated?

16 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

I've been working from home now for just over a year, my company are starting to make noise about the possibility of people going back in to the office. Surely they can not enforce anybody to spend any significant time in close proximity to others if they haven't been vaccinated?

I would think they can if they want to but a decent firm wouldn't want you to. As the vaccine hasn't been established to be 100% effective anyway I doubt any rights about working with unvaccinated people could be established, yet. And by the time it could we will all have been jabbed anyway. I would think you could only express your concerns and hope for a sympathetic ear. Shouldn't be much of a problem anyway so long as all the precautions are taken with regard to social distancing, wearing masks etc.

My wife has been working at home for around the same time but has recently started going back into the office one day a week as they try and head towards some kind of normality.

I love Wednesdays! :default_coat:

• Haha 2

The office where my desk is usually has 4 people in it, I think what they are aiming for over the next weeks is for 2 to be in Monday and Wednesday and 2 to be in Tuesday and Thursday with all 4 still working from home on a Friday.

I think I could cope with that as long as all equipment is up to standard at the office as my main working computer station is here at home with me.

I must admit, actually being able to see people again will be nice as I live on my own and it's getting a bit lonely now lol.

• Like 2

this would apply to my office as well, most of them are young bright people in their 30's, whereas I am not, I have had both jabs now yet none of them have had any yet, that said I dont believe we will be enforcing a return to the office every day for some time as the company have found that with work from home, we dont need as big offices any more if we only have half the office staff in at any one time.

• Like 1

Guest Jayfire
2 hours ago, hazelgirl said:

I'm 38 with no health conditions so I'll be one of the very last to be called on, I'll just continue to wait patiently while the rest of the country can start to live their lives again and travel :default_norty: I am very grateful for my youth and health though don't get me wrong and this country has by far excelled in achieving what it has so far :default_icon_clap: 

You'll be getting your jab before me then old lady, but as well as our youth and health, I also have my beauty too 🤭

Nice to see you back again Linzee, wondered where you'd gone hiding :default_icon_wave:

1 minute ago, Matt said:

The local vaccination centre moved to over 40's walk in at the weekend :-) 

Queue took about 60mins.

That will happen but generally over 40s from May.Indeed some parts of the country are offering  jabs now to over 40s,but not everywhere. 

24 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

You'll be getting your jab before me then old lady, but as well as our youth and health, I also have my beauty too 🤭

Nice to see you back again Linzee, wondered where you'd gone hiding :default_icon_wave:

Good to see some things never change lol 

With regards to where I've been is a very very long story but I'm now back and will be holidaying afloat again when me and my Mum can safely and confidently book something.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

That will happen but generally over 40s from May.Indeed some parts of the country are offering  jabs now to over 40s,but not everywhere. 

Indeed. We were surprised to see it but pleased to have had the first one. I think i saw that 55% of the population tested positive for anti-bodies in the latest NAO testing. 

• 2 weeks later...