Most Of The Oldies Have Had The Jab Now.

Chelsea14Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The vaccination hub my wife is working at in basildon, are ahead of schedule. They have now be told the hub will remain open until late autumn, instead of the original July date they were first given.This is to cover the expected booster jabs that are now being announced by the NHS. But so far so good things have been going really well. They have had no supply issues to worry about. The hub team and local GP staff are really working well together and manage to fill gaps that appear from no shows etc. We seem to forget the huge roll local GP surgeries are playing in getting everyone to the hubs etc etc. We'll done team NHS. 👏

• Like 5

We’ve had both our jabs, booked through the online nhs service. Since then we’ve had about six reminders each from our local surgery to book our jabs! I suppose at some point the systems will be updated so patients’ notes are correct. I did hear of an elderly person who had two second jabs within a week. The person concerned (who sadly has dementia) was taken by family to her surgery for one then her care worker organised someone to call and vaccinate her again. Luckily no repercussions. If patient details were up to date on the system that surely wouldn’t happen. 

1 hour ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

How come no one checked the vaccine card.Which has the vaccine  and date?

Don’t know anymore details than that. I’m afraid where dementia is involved things can go awry. I also don’t know how things work when it’s a home visit. If our surgery is not aware we’ve both had both jabs, well, ???

25 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Don’t know anymore details than that. I’m afraid where dementia is involved things can go awry. I also don’t know how things work when it’s a home visit. If our surgery is not aware we’ve both had both jabs, well, ???

Everyone is given a card, which records vaccine type,batch number and date. It should also give you the date of your 2nd jab. That is certainly the case at my wife's hub and the hub I used for mine. I assume its the same at local surgeries. Sadly with such a huge undertaking as a national vacation programme there will always be a few that slip threw the net. 

• Like 1